Product reference Font Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product reference Font Size

I would like the actual price that is showing on the catalog page to be the same size and font as the word 'Price'. I have looked in Firebug and this is what is showing:

<actinicrices retail_price_prompt="Price:" prod_ref="31">
    <br/>
    <span class="actlarge">Price:</span>
    £17.00
    </actinicrices>

It doesn't appear that the product reference (£17.00) is being styled by anything, so I don't know how to change it.

Can someone throw some light on this for me please?
    Nick
    www.skyelight.co.uk

Nick, you can see that the "actlarge" class is assigned to the <span> tags. If you move the </span> after the £17.00 you should get what you want.

It may be worth you searching the net for html tutorials, just to get to grips with what is going on.

Another could way is to use DW or Front Page, split the view so you can see the code and the WISIWYG editor.

Then when you make changes in the WYSIWYG you will see what html is used to create that change. This should help you understand a little more.

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Again - many thanks for your help
      Nick
      www.skyelight.co.uk

Comment

I am so sorry but I am being an absolute pest here - I have gone into Dreamweaver and looked at the code but I cannot find anything that relates to the size of the actual price itself. I have put the code I get at the bottom of thisd post. If I click on the price itself and do an Edit in Dreamweaver I get the code belwo with nothing about html where it can be changed.

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsProductFormUsed%22%20%2f%3e" >
        <form method="post" action="<actinic:variable value="Shopping Cart Script URL" name="OnlineScriptURL" />">
        <input type="hidden" name="SID" value="<actinic:variable name="SectionID" />" />
        <input type="hidden" name="PAGE" value="PRODUCT" />
        <input type="hidden" name="PAGEFILENAME" value="<actinic:variable name="SectionPageName" />" />
        <Actinic:SECTION BLOB='<actinic:variable name="SectionCatFile" />'/>
        <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsHostMode%22%20%2f%3e" >
        <!-- Hidden field when in trial mode -->
        <input type="hidden" name="SHOP" value="<actinic:variable name="HiddenFields" />" />
        </actinic:block>

<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="10" border="0">
        <tr>
        <td width="75%" align="left" valign="top">
        <a name="<actinic:variable name="EncodedProductAnchor" />">
        <b><actinic:variable formatting="h2" name="ProductName" /></b></a>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsProductReferenceVisible%22%20%2f%3e" >
        Ref: <actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />

<br />
        <actinic:variable formatting="bold,style|actregular" name="ProductDescription" />
        <actinic:variable name="ExtendedInformationLinks" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22FileURLNotEmpty%22%20%2f%3e" >
        <br />
        <a href="<actinic:variable name="ProductLinkInfo" />">
        <actinic:variable name="ProductLinkText" />
        </a>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsCustomerMessageUsed%22%20%2f%3e" >
        <br />
        <Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION PROD_REF="<actinic:variable name="ProductID" />" COMPONENTID=-1><actinic:variable name="RetailCustomerMessage" /></Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e" >
        <b>
        <Actinic:PRICES PROD_REF="<actinic:variable name="ProductID" />" RETAIL_PRICE_PROMPT="<actinic:variable name="ProductPriceDescription" />">
        <actinic:variable name="PriceListRetail" />
        </Actinic:PRICES>
        </b>
        <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20False" >
        <Actinic:NOTINB2B><br /><strong><actinic:variable name="ProductPriceNotEnabledMessage" /></strong></Actinic:NOTINB2B>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22DiscountDescriptionIsShownForProducts%22%20%2f%3e" >
        <br /><actinic:variable value="Standard Discount List" name="DiscountList" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsOtherInfoPromptShown%22%20%2f%3e" >
        <br />
        <span class="actrequired"><actinic:variable name="OtherInfoPrompt" /></span><br />
        <input type="text" name="O_<actinic:variable name="ProductID" />" size="40" maxlength="1000" value="" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsDatePromptShown%22%20%2f%3e" >
        <br />
        <span class="actrequired"><actinic:variable name="DatePrompt" /></span><br />
        <actinic:variable name="DayList" /><actinic:variable name="MonthList" /><actinic:variable name="YearList" />

<actinic:variable name="AttributeList" />
        <actinic:variable name="ComponentList" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsQuantityPromptShown%22%20%2f%3e%20AND%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsOutOfStockShown%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20FALSE%29%20AND%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsCatalogSuspendedShown%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20FALSE%29" >
        <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22CartButtonVisibleToAllCustomers%22%20%2f%3e" >
        <!-- This code is used when the quantity box is visible to all customers -->
        <br />
        <span class="actrequired"><actinic:variable name="QuantityPrompt" /></span>
        &nbsp;
        <input type="text" name="Q_<actinic:variable name="ProductID" />" size="4" value="<actinic:variable name="DefaultQuantity" />" />
        <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22EnabledForCustomerGroupID%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22" >
        <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e" >
        <!-- This code is used when the quantity box is visible to retail customers, but not all other customer groups -->
        <Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule Schedules="<actinic:variable name="EnabledForCustomerGroupID" />">
        <br />
        <span class="actrequired"><actinic:variable name="QuantityPrompt" /></span>
        &nbsp;
        <input type="text" name="Q_<actinic:variable name="ProductID" />" size="4" value="<actinic:variable name="DefaultQuantity" />" />
        </Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule>
        <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20FALSE" >
        <!-- This code is used when the quantity box needs to hidden from retail customers -->
        <Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule Schedules="<actinic:variable name="EnabledForCustomerGroupID" />" HTML="<br /><span class='actrequired'><actinic:variable name="QuantityPrompt" /></span>&nbsp;<input type='text' name='Q_<actinic:variable name="ProductID" />' size='4' value='<actinic:variable name="DefaultQuantity" />' />"></Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule>
        <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsQuantityPromptHidden%22%20%2f%3e" >
        <input type="hidden" name="Q_<actinic:variable name="ProductID" />" value="<actinic:variable name="DefaultQuantity" />" />

<br /><actinic:variable name="CartError" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsAddToCartButtonShown%22%20%2f%3e%20AND%20%0d%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22NumberAttributesInPushButtonGrid%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%200%29" >
        <br /><actinic:variable name="AddToCartButton" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsOutOfStockShown%22%20%2f%3e" >
        <br /><br /><strong><span class="actrequired"><br /><actinic:variable name="OutOfStock" /></span></strong>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsCatalogSuspendedShown%22%20%2f%3e" >
        <br /><br /><strong><span class="actrequired"><actinic:variable name="CatalogSuspended" /></span></strong>

<actinic:variable name="ProductAlsoBoughtList" />

<actinic:variable name="ProductRelatedProductsList" />
        </td>
        <td width="25%" align="center" valign="top">
        <actinic:variable name="ProductImageLayout" />
        </td>
        </tr>
        </table>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsProductFormUsed%22%20%2f%3e" >
        </form>

and just by clicking on the price itself:

<actinic:block PHP='true' SELECTABLE='false'>priceformat('<actinic:variable name="SecondCurrencyFormat" />','<actinic:variable name="TaxInclusivePrice" />', '<actinic:variable name="TaxInclusivePriceAlt" />');</actinic:block>
        Nick
        www.skyelight.co.uk

Comment

Nick, firstly please put the code with these tags:

[ CODE ][ /CODE ]

(Remove the spaces)

You shouldn't have had to go into DW to make the change, you could have done it in Design view very quickly.

The price will be a pink layout called #Product Price Including Tax" or something similar.

Army Gore-tex
          Winter Climbing Mitts
          Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

Rich

Went into Design | Library and got to the Product Price Including Tax but when I clicked on Edit, it just came up with the code on my last post. I just can't see where to move the </span> (which by the way works great when I changed it in Firebug)
            Nick
            www.skyelight.co.uk

Comment

You don't need to change what's in the layout, you need to change what's around it. Do you see what I mean?

Go into Design Tab and click on the Layout Code tab at the bottom of the screen. Then in the Page preview part click on the price.

You should see the code within "Product Price Including Tax" remembering that actinic will be using the variable shorthand compared to DW.

Click on the White up arrow on the left hand side and you should see this text "Product Price Including Tax" in pink, with the </span> in front of it?

Army Gore-tex
              Winter Climbing Mitts
              Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

Rich

I get to the bit about the white arrow and then I am lost. There is no white arrow. There are four arrows surrounding the price those are the only ones I can see but clicking on that just brings up the same as I have already sent you there is no </span>
                Nick
                www.skyelight.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by nikwak View Post
                  There are four arrows surrounding the price those are the only ones I can see
                  Could you upload an image?

Army Gore-tex
                  Winter Climbing Mitts
                  Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

screenshot
                    Attached Files
                    Nick
                    www.skyelight.co.uk

Comment

Okay, not those arrows. The arrows are in the bottom left hand corner, they have a yellow swirl behind them.

Army Gore-tex
                      Winter Climbing Mitts
                      Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

This is what i get when I click on the left hand one of those.
                        Attached Files
                        Nick
                        www.skyelight.co.uk

Comment

Right, if you look above the white arrows at the top of the layout code pane, you'll see 2 white arrows pointing towards each other. Click it once and it should condense the code.

Once you've done that look for blue text "Product Price Description" the <span> should be around there somewhere.

I have to disappear for a bit, but I'll be back

Army Gore-tex
                          Winter Climbing Mitts
                          Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

thgis is what I get - can't see where to change the </span> to include the actual price though
                            Attached Files
                            Nick
                            www.skyelight.co.uk

Comment

Just put

Code:
                              <span class="actlarge">
                              before the layout and then

Code:
                              </span>
                              after it then

Army Gore-tex
                              Winter Climbing Mitts
                              Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

Working...
                              X