Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

customers confrimation emails not received - Help

Can anyone please help.

My Customers do not receive confirmation e-mails that an order has been placed.

I have used test within network setup and everything passes, I also receive an e-mail to confirm this.

I have all the relevant boxes ticked within business settings to send confirmation email to customer.

I cannot understand why this is happening.

Thanks

Jason

Have you tried placing a test order yourself?

The customer needs to return to the site after payment to generate the email. A lot don't we find.

Comment

yes tried test order and returned back to the website, in the error log I have this message

Program = CATACACC, Program version = 21697 , HTTP Server = Apache 3 - HOSTMerit , Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2009/06/15 15:07, Internal Errors = No such user (or invalid password...)
      Program = CATACACC, Program version = 21697 , HTTP Server = Apache 3 - HOSTMerit , Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2009/06/15 15:07, Internal Errors = No such user (or invalid password...)
      Program = CATACACC, Program version = 21697 , HTTP Server = Apache 3 - HOSTMerit , Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2009/06/15 18:17, Internal Errors = No such user (or invalid password...)

Does this help ??

Comment

OK. I see this has gone on for a couple of years now so at least it's not something your host changed recently.

This bit

Internal Errors = No such user (or invalid password...)
        Sounds like Actinic might be having a problem communicating with the email server. I would check and double check the username and password (and whether they're even needed or not).

Who is your host and what are your network settings? There might be people here who know what they should be or could find the answers for you.

Mike.
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
        X