Checkout Page 3 in Executive Theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checkout Page 3 in Executive Theme

Hi, could anyone tell me if it is possible to remove Checkout Page 3 from Executive Theme? (it just has a 'Next' button on it).

I use Actinic hosting and Share SSL, this page has been a bug bear for some time now and i really don't see the point of it being there adding extra time and inconvenience to the checkout proccess.

Many Thanks in advance.

Have a read up on PCI DSS Compliance, the method you are using to take payments needed to be changed about 14 months ago, you are well out of date on what you should be doing. Get yourself a PSP, you will be PCI compliant, have an infinitely more professional solution and the annoying bounce page will be automatic - win, win, win.

Comment

Thanks for the advice Lee, although i'm in favour of as much online credit card protection as possible, I think that some of the measures are going to be counter productive and for a business such as mine will decrease sales.

I own a Fishing Tackle business, we have a fairly high turnover and often find that we can sell out of a product before stock levels are updated to the website on a daily basis (sometimes twice a day), so using an online PSP, a customer could be charged for items we do not have in stock and would then have to wait several days for a refund, whereas processing orders in the shop the customers are only charged for the order they are going to receive.

Comment

Not a valid excuse really.

a) PCI-DSS will be a requirement of your merchant account. You have told them your taking web orders?

b) Most PSPs will allow you to pre-authorise payments. The money only gets charged to the customer's account when you confirm after shipment (or whenever you choose).

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Mike,

This is all new to me, we use a psp in the shop to process orders, I thought using an online psp would take payment at the time the order was placed?

Comment

Mike is right Alan.

I had exactly the same dilemma you had and we went from doing as you do to using Protx (sage pay) and all is OK. There is a lot of scope with this so you shouldn't hit any problems - well we haven't anyway - yet!
            www.norfolkherbs.co.uk
            Online Shop at: www.homescentherbs.co.uk

Comment

PSPs will take payment from a card but this is a ghost payment i.e the card will be marked for funds to be withdrawn and they are only then removed once you authorise the payment. If you don't authorise it (within a few days), the funds are unmarked. I think I am right here but there is a host of info on here and on the PSP's websites
              www.norfolkherbs.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Oliver,

Was this a big a nightmare to implement as it seems to be? I currently use a psp called streamline, we have a counter top terminal to process shop customer credit card payments, do Protx provide such a service or will i need to use two psp's, one for online customers and one for in store.

Comment

Another question Oliver, do you authorise the payments online? is this time consuming, how long does a payment take to clear in your account.

Sorry that was several questions

Comment

Actually, I don't. I researched it a lot but never got round to implementing it. I wanted the option to though as I had a problem with minimum orders on my site. It was nice having the option of not taking payment if someone didn't order enough items (I now have a text notice in the checkout to remind people of the minimum order)

I think it is just a matter of logging into VSP admin (if using Sagepay/protx) and clicking authorise.
                    www.norfolkherbs.co.uk

Comment

By the way, Streamline isn't really a PSP, they are an aquiring bank. They aquire payment from cards put through your terminal which then go to your bank. You will have a merchant account with Streamline for this. You will then require an internet merchant accont (sounds like you don't have one of these when you should). This IMA will then allow you to use a PSP. Streamline will then be the aquirer for the PSP captured payments. The setup process only takes a few days to complete and is very simple but as others have already pointed out on this thread, absolutely essential!
                      www.norfolkherbs.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Sprogg View Post
                        Another question Oliver, do you authorise the payments online? is this time consuming, how long does a payment take to clear in your account.

Sorry that was several questions
                        I do deferred payments on a daily basis for someone using SagePay
                        I Just log into sagepay's system online, choose a date range (max of a week), and tick the boxes for the payments i want to release.
                        I have noticed tho that it takes about 4/5 days for the monies to show on his bank statements, but then that normal as i have used secure trading and that takes about 3/4 days.
                        "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

I agree with the others - pre authorised (or 'deferred' with SagePay/Protx) payments are the way to go for you, giving you flexibility on which payments to take and when

Comment

Working...
                          X