Layout problem after up-grade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Layout problem after up-grade

I up-graded our site to 9.0.4 the other day and now i am having a issue with the layout of one of our main sites http://www.herbalandhealth.co.uk

It looks fine in IE (apparently because it still looks strange in my browser) but in firefox the menu that is supposed to be at the side is right down the middle with all fragments ect as well...

anyone got any ideas I am tearing my hair out on this one as the code says that the div for the menu should be at the left but firefox disagrees...

anyone else had this problem with reflective since the upgrade or any ideas of what i have missed?

I've even tried restoring a blank layout and i get the same issue...

was this a V8 to V9 upgrade or a V9 upgrade?
    Tracey

Comment

V9 to V9.04

Soon as the up-grade was done and up-loaded we had this issue and our psp (sage pay ) stopped working i have sorted the sage pay issue but this one is getting annoying...

Comment

Looks like somethings happened to your CSS for the top menu:

Code:
        #reflective_menu_top, #reflective_menu_top ul { /* all lists */ width: 580px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px; list-style: none; line-height: 1; font-size: 12px; float: center; }
        That should be float: right; not center; and as well as that I'd keep an eye on your widths as columns with content too wide for their set widths are prone to wrap in certain browsers. I think your "trade login" button is making the top menu wrap, also the left column is 138 pixels but you've got an image in there at 147 pixels.
        Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco View Post
          Looks like somethings happened to your CSS for the top menu:

Code:
          #reflective_menu_top, #reflective_menu_top ul { /* all lists */ width: 580px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px; list-style: none; line-height: 1; font-size: 12px; float: center; }
          That should be float: right; not center; and as well as that I'd keep an eye on your widths as columns with content too wide for their set widths are prone to wrap in certain browsers. I think your "trade login" button is making the top menu wrap, also the left column is 138 pixels but you've got an image in there at 147 pixels.
          thanks for that, soon as i am in the office i will make the changes... think the trade login can go now as well so that might sort some issues...

Comment

I'm tearing my hair out here... I export the design to dreamweaver and it kills the whole layout then when i re-import it thinking its just a DW error it crashes...

I cant find the CSS file that makes the changes to that area... i can find the css in dreamweaver but when i make the changes and go back to actinic it just reverts to what it was...

Is their anywhere in actinic that I can edit this line?

#reflective_menu_top, #reflective_menu_top ul

Comment

You can highlight the style name and right click to look up in actinic stylesheet.

Comment

Working...
              X