Stop Selling Our Products Online???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
    We also used to sell stuff on behalf of bricks and mortar shops who didnt have www presence, and got emails from suppliers asking us where we were getting our stock from as we weren't on their list of customers.

Talk about stiffling enterprise..
    the good old days, eh Jo?
    Ben
    http://www.fairygoodies.co.uk

Comment

LOL Ben - you remember too.

In fact we have just dropped the supplier we went with after dropping you know who. Mainly because the products they supplied to us where being sold on amazon and play at less than our cost price.. we've gone full circle

Comment

That's another thing. I'd rather have a supplier who said to everyone you must sell at a certain price, than one who sells stuff on Amazon at the same price that they charge us. We do have one of the latter, but oddly it's only one product so we just sell everything else.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Which is why many suppliers exclude selling their products on eBay and Amazon.

Comment

they supplied to us where being sold on amazon and play at less than our cost price.
            Products i was referring to where being sold by amazon itself not amazon marketplace

Comment

Theres a load of anti competitive behaviour out there, we experienced it with surf-wax a few years ago - we had alot of suppliers who refused to suppy us as we were only internet. Their arguement was internet only suppliers could price stuff cheaper than their older outlets with bricks and mortar.
              I still experience this Jo, the kiting world is full of it. Although i do work out of a unit (rent free office area ) and do accept people comming to collect, the only thing i dont have is a big sign hanging on the front of the building but still get the bricks & mortar story. However it is becomming less and less these days.

Come on though Jo spill the beans who are we talking about with Amazon being cheaper

Comment

Products i was referring to where being sold by amazon itself not amazon marketplace
                I'm talking about the situation where a major UK distributor sells us an item by a well known Danish design house for £29.95 with an expected RRP of £59.50, then goes and puts it on Amazon Marketplace for £29.95........

Can anyone explain how that helps us or them?

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Originally posted by Mark H View Post
                  I'm talking about the situation where a major UK distributor sells us an item by a well known Danish design house for £29.95 with an expected RRP of £59.50, then goes and puts it on Amazon Marketplace for £29.95........

Can anyone explain how that helps us or them?
                  It doesn't does it...

but this is an example of how difficult it is to get to the ideal where everyone is happy. A situation that is impossible to achieve.

Does a supplier always supply at the same price so sellers can set their own price? or do they supply where the price is set on a basis of quantity or example? No concrete answer i fear....

Comment

I think there's two conversations going on here- Mark, your distributor obviously doesn't care about its trade customers, as it makes the same money either way. If I were in their shoes, I'd put the price up a bit, as it would still be cheap, but make me more!

Jo- I'd be interested (for old time's sake) to know who's doing what also. I still speak to several of the manufacturers, and there's at least one who would like to find a new distributor
                    Ben
                    http://www.fairygoodies.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Fairyglass View Post

Jo- I'd be interested (for old time's sake) to know who's doing what also. I still speak to several of the manufacturers, and there's at least one who would like to find a new distributor
                      Ben, I'll reply via PM as i dont want to name suppliers in a public arena.

Comment

You want to try selling Ted Baker online.

They have trademarked their name with Google so you can't use adwords or the like, won't supply images (even logo), ramp up the minimums each season then suddenly ship in to Debenhams at half the price.

I'm sure some suppliers don't understand the easier it is to sell, the more you'll buy next time so its in their interest, they just don't get it
                        www.parklifeclothes.co.uk

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

There is a golf supplier who does not allow prices on the web, you have to force people to ring up even though they are on your site looking at the product. These people will either change or be dead in the water in ten years. Just like the glaciers all those years ago, the internet will mop up all around it without a thought of the consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                            Just like the glaciers all those years ago, the internet will mop up all around it without a thought of the consequences.
                            Please tell me that is an original quote?

Bikster
                            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

It is indeed .

Comment

Working...
                              X