best way to change button graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best way to change button graphics

What is the best way to change the standard actinic nav button graphics?

Is it best to name my new graphics with identical names to their actinic counterparts and just overwrite the actinic buttons in site 1?

Or is it best to give my buttons their own filename and change the filenames for the buttons in the actinic site?

what works best?

Is it for you or for a client?

Comment

for a client

Comment

Is it best to name my new graphics with identical names to their actinic counterparts and just overwrite the actinic buttons in site 1?

Or is it best to give my buttons their own filename and change the filenames for the buttons in the actinic site?
        Personal choice IMO.

If you use your own images with actinic default names, make sure you save a set of images somewhere safe - if you change themes you will overwrite the images

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
          Personal choice IMO.

If you use your own images with actinic default names, make sure you save a set of images somewhere safe - if you change themes you will overwrite the images
          Thought that might be the case. It would appear on the face of it to be easier to name all the images to suit the actinic names rather than go and find all the places in the actinic database where the images are used. But I guess if someone plays and cha nges the theme, the images will die.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
            f you change themes you will overwrite the images
            I did this on my first ever actinic site and it was a big mistake since then I have learnt to re point all the image destinations to new images I would definatly not just overwrite the ones that exsist.
            www.simonstaton.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X