Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help needed to edit ~acttmp_layout.html (product layouts)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help needed to edit ~acttmp_layout.html (product layouts)

Hi

The basic ~acttmp_layout.html looks scrapy and cheap can someone help me edit this or i will pay for 1 thats been done or are there anysites selling these scripts.

Mark

I have no idea what layout your talking about, what theme are you using? you can change the product layouts yourself using the design window or dreamweaver. There are different layouts you can select before you get to editing them. If you do copy your existing layout and rename it then edit it. If you not happy to do this then contact Lee or Jont would be my suggestion

Comment

Please search the forum before posting.

I presume you are using Dreamweaver and have not registered your design correctly in Actinic.

I suggest you first read the getting started guides and advanced user guides. You will not be able to deliver a good solution to your client if you do not fully understand how Actinic works.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
        Please search the forum before posting.

I presume you are using Dreamweaver and have not registered your design correctly in Actinic.

I suggest you first read the getting started guides and advanced user guides. You will not be able to deliver a good solution to your client if you do not fully understand how Actinic works.
        I have done all this i need to edit this i wanted to know if anyone had a premade one

Its changing how the products display

Comment

as duncan says you need to work through the documentation in order to understand Actinic.

Actinic works by editting templates/layouts, NOT html pages.

thus the answer to your initial Q is - no-one can help you edit ~acttmp_layout.html as this is not the way it is done. Its abit like asking someone help you put water into your petrol tank as you've run out of fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
            as duncan says you need to work through the documentation in order to understand Actinic.

Actinic works by editting templates/layouts, NOT html pages.

thus the answer to your initial Q is - no-one can help you edit ~acttmp_layout.html as this is not the way it is done. Its abit like asking someone help you put water into your petrol tank as you've run out of fuel.
            so i can change different layouts to suit a part of the website i thought if you use one you have to use it throughout the site.

So how do i assign different layouts to different parts of the site

Comment

Originally posted by marky9378 View Post
              So how do i assign different layouts to different parts of the site
              Look on the layout tab of each page and also those choices in site options, explore the software in other words. If that's not clear then RTFM.

Comment

If you are using DW then when you register design you have options to select which pages you want to use it for. It is possible to change it afterwards.

The documentation describes this.

Comment

Working...
                X