Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surcharge works sometimes, but not always..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surcharge works sometimes, but not always..?

Hi folks

I'm having trouble making a surcharge work with my Actinic site, I'm using Actinic Business Multisite version 8.5.1.0.0.0.HIZA.

I have a surcharge set up so that it applies 2% on to every order based upon cart value excluding tax and for payment method "card details captured for later". This is to cover a credit card surcharge (I know the feelings of some people on here regarding CC surcharges, but I have to do this, it's not optional).

I can't see anything I've set incorrectly, but it seems that when people send orders through some of them have the surcharge applied and others don't! It's completely random.

I can place an order myself using my own card details and choose the same products that one of the "faulty" orders was for and the surcharge is applied normally, yet for the customer it didn't happen.

Can anybody give any clues as to why this may happen?

thanks

Graham
    Using SellerDeck 2013 Business Plus

KTEC Group http://www.ktecgroup.co.uk

Label Printer & Barcode Systems

Are you certain that the amount threshold is being reached?

Prepare yourself for a few replies saying don't apply surcharges as they will put people of. If you really can't avoid them then, I would up your prices a little so that the costs are absorbed that way.

"card details captured for later"
    This is also worrying as you are seriously out of date regarding PCI-DSS. Have a look at my sig.

I have never been to your site but those two things a lone would stop me from shopping with you.

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Thanks for the reply (sorry about the late response, I'm monumentally busy!)

I have never heard of PCI DSS. Sorry, but I haven't. Nobody has ever brought this to my attention or commented on it before, so I don't know anything about it. I'll look in to it.

Yes I know people say surcharges put people off. I've explained this to our nazi financial director, she's not interested , all credit cards must have a 2% surcharge applied. We can't put prices up as we are in a competitive industry and we would then appear more expensive than our web competitors...

There aren't any "amount thresholds" set for my surcharge. The surcharge is based on cart value excluding tax, type is percentage, then cart value is set to £0.01. I don't see what else there is to set...!?

thanks

Graham
      Using SellerDeck 2013 Business Plus

KTEC Group http://www.ktecgroup.co.uk

Label Printer & Barcode Systems

Comment

Originally posted by GreyKnight View Post
        Thanks for the reply (sorry about the late response, I'm monumentally busy!)
        Your nazi boss can rest assured you won't be busy for too much longer! Surcharges and non-pci compliance, seriously OMG, why not go the full hog and have no SSL either and insist on using the Java applet.

Join the queue to the internet scrapheap with this mindset, if indeed the site is not already at the front of the queue.

**to try and replicate the issue, try adding some products to your cart and then removing some of them as you go to pay, there may be something getting confused, likewise switch payment methods, see if that messes things up.

***always a good idea to be on the latest version of your release too, it has the least bugs, available for free off the actinic site.

Comment

If it's any support I also have this issue. Occasionally the surcharge that I apply is not applied.

Lee, I feel that you need to accept that people develop and run there businesses in very different ways. PCI compliance is not 100% compulsory yet. (Last time I checked anyway!) There are certain criteria that allow non-compliance, and whilst those of you at the cutting edge of e-commerce software development may be fully conversant with the daily developments of the "scene" many of us out here are not, and it takes time for these developments to filter through, and for us to implement them.

Suggesting a global price increase instead of a surcharge is IMO not a good idea, and it certainly wouldn't be for my business. After all why should the majority of customers be penalised and have pay over the odds in order that the minority can pay with their bank of Timbuctoo AMEX card...or Paypal?

And you can look at my signature for my views on that...............
          "Live in England, and subject yourself to the punishing taxes of envy, it's hard to be a winner in a society dedicated to the glorification of losers."

Comment

Working...
          X