If the price is 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the price is 0

I have a couple of digital downloads that are free to all customers. I would like to collect the contact information of the customers that download these items therefore I have included it as a product within Actinic. I have set the price to £0.00 and all works fine.

I would like to advertise this product as "FREE" rather than just showing an absence of price. I am struggling to create and find the correct variables to create an IF statement.

Something like:

Code:
    <actinic:block if="Price==0">
        <h3 class="free">FREE</h3>
    </actinic:block>
    <actinic:block if="Price>0">
        <h3 class="price">
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e">
                <Actinic:PRICES PROD_REF="<actinic:variable Name="ProductID" />" RETAIL_PRICE_PROMPT="<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductPriceDescription"/>"><actinic:variable name="PriceListRetail" /></Actinic:PRICES>
        </h3>

Create a layout for just this with it hard coded in already.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, had not thought about this. I was hoping for a more dynamic solution, is there no other way to do this?

Comment

What if you used a block using the the Price Variable and "Is Empty" condition?

Army Gore-tex
        Winter Climbing Mitts
        webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
        Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

I just discovered this works. It does produce a coding error though. A Javascript error has been found on this page ('Object Expected'). No idea if this a real show stopper?

Code:
          <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PriceListRetail%22%20%2f%3e%3d%3dfalse">
              <h3 class="free">FREE!</h3>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PriceListRetail%22%20%2f%3e%3d%3dtrue" >
              <h3 class="price">
                  <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e"><Actinic:PRICES PROD_REF="<actinic:variable Name="ProductID" />" RETAIL_PRICE_PROMPT="<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductPriceDescription"/>"><actinic:variable name="PriceListRetail" /></Actinic:PRICES></actinic:block>
                  <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20False"><Actinic:NOTINB2B><actinic:variable name="ProductPriceNotEnabledMessage" /></Actinic:NOTINB2B></actinic:block>
                  <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsCustomerMessageUsed%22%20%2f%3e"><Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION PROD_REF="<actinic:variable Name="ProductID" />" COMPONENTID=-1><Actinic:Variable Name="RetailCustomerMessage"/></Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION></actinic:block>
              </h3>

Comment

Try 'false' or "false" it may get rid of the error

Army Gore-tex
            Winter Climbing Mitts
            webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
            Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

still throwing up the same error.

Comment

A dynamic solution would provide each product where you might have missed a price off as free also. You'll be going down the blockif and php route evaluating productpriceraw i suspect, if the simple solution is not your cup of tea.

Comment

could you not just create a block if above the price and set it to

ProductPrice < 0.01

then in the block if just type up Free

then to stop the price from appearing put a block if around it and set it to

ProductPrice > 0.01
                  www.simonstaton.co.uk

Comment

When the customer goes through the ordering process, Actinic will request Credit Card details in order to complete the process.

In the event my customer only wants the digital download and the sub total is 0; Actinic does not ask for credit card details.

Comment

Working...
                    X