xml feed 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xml feed 101

Ok does anyone know what an XML feed is?
    I think it involves server side programming , sorry? server what?

My problem is simple:

I sell on Amazon and in my internet shop.

Amazon has a tendancy to sell more products than I actually list ( something to do with the internet taking 48hrs to refresh - ah yes that old chestnut ).

And what with ongoing sales on the main site...

I end up with negative stock, backorders (similar to lower back ache) and really irritated customers.

I have been told about the mythical XML feed which will link my inventory to Amazon.

This sounds like using The Force to find The One Ring, but hey I'm a Jedi Hobbit, I'm willing to give a go!

Before I get burnt in the fires of Mordor...

Seriously, could anyone suggest a way I could link my Actinic shop inventory to Amazon with a rss / live feed solution, that would actually work.

Or do I need another software solution? Oh no - not the dark side!

Answers in Elvish, sorry English please.

Cheers,

Sally Dickson
    Sally Dickson
    Creative Catalogues Online - Brands & E-shops

E-shops:
    The Official Paddington Bear Shop
    The Official Bang on the Door Shop
    The Official Flower Fairies Shop
    The Official Miffy shop
    The Official Maisy Shop

Also: www.toysandgifts.co.uk
    www.jeuxetcadeaux.fr
    Ebay
    Amazon:

If you want 'live' status then you're, elvished?

Mole End have an Amazon Feed - how great the control of this is I don't know, never looked at it - though I doubt it will carry over Stock info as you'd have to create a new feed every few minutes to keep Amazon up to date.

Comment

Hi Sally
      My plug-in does the bones of this i.e. extract the actinic stock data into a file and upload to a website. I'm sure it could be modified to create an XML feed for Amazon. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss...
      ActiveStock
      On-line, real-time stock control plug-in for Actinic V7, V8 and V9
      **New - Captcha plug-in for your Contact Us form**

ActiveStock website
      Free 30 Day Trial
      ActiveStock Blog (including a new tutorial on a 'Sort By' function for long section pages)

Comment

Originally posted by grantglendinnin View Post
        Mole End have an Amazon Feed .
        This a good product for transforming Actinic data into a spreadsheet that can be uploaded in Amazon Seller Central.

This is a good product.
        Sally Dickson

E-shops:
        The Official Miffy shop
        The Official Maisy Shop

www.jeuxetcadeaux.fr
        Ebay
        Amazon:

Comment

Originally posted by rmorrow View Post
          Hi Sally
          My plug-in does the bones of this i.e. extract the actinic stock data into a file and upload to a website. I'm sure it could be modified to create an XML feed for Amazon. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss...
          we are talking bespoke programming - is there no other way?

I was at a seminar recently and speaking to a few other merchants realised that we are all plagued with having to upload stock levels on a daily basis.

And the more outlets you have the more uploads you have to do.

Most of the Actinic issues can be resolved with Mole End plug-ins, but when you are working across several marketplaces, its easy to spend 90mins a day just juggling data.

thats before you start processing orders amd handling customer queries.
          Sally Dickson

E-shops:
          The Official Miffy shop
          The Official Maisy Shop

www.jeuxetcadeaux.fr
          Ebay
          Amazon:

Comment

Richard,

some kind of real time stock control for external feeds would be a very powerful solution.

It's hard enough managing stock on our own website. I can see that if Amazon suddenly put one of our products on top then it could outsell very quickly. As Sally says, not good for the customer, amazon feedback or blood pressure.

There is a major challenge here though isn't there? How do we update the stock levels when amazon (or any other channel - but amazon is going to be the major problem because of the potential volume swings) sells an item. I thought all the vendor gets is an email?

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Sally,

If you email details over of the requirements for the Amazon XML feed then I will add it to the Product mash as another Amazon option (licensing will be under the existing Amazon option).

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

For other systems, this product will produce a csv feed containing the product references and stock levels :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Profit_and_Price.html

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                X