Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cgi-bin problems - i think!

Hope someone can advise on this.
    I'm in the process of changing hosting servers. I now have a virtual private hosting package on a Windows 2003 Server.
    I have a number of microsites under one Domain (same as on my old hosting) and have set up the acatalog and cgi-bin folders for each microsite.
    All network testing works fine with no errors reported.
    When i try to upload a site, i get the following error message:
    An error accured while merging files on the remote site. The web site index has been corrupted. Catalog is unable to update the index. Copy../acatalog/fulltext.fil to ../acatalog/oldtext.fil failed. No such file or directory. Please refresh the site.
    I've done a refresh, with no joy -
    When i browse to the site and click on a product link, i get an error like this one:
    Error: Error opening ../acatalog/195Z62Z203Z46A1247151680B2036.session (Permission denied)

Arrrrgh it's driving me nuts.
    Andy

Try a purge and refresh with a script number change, these usually blow out any persistent cobwebs. If still a problem, then its the server settings usually.

Comment

Just an addition to my previous post -
      i do have remote access to my server so i can make any changes required in IIS 6 and also any permission changes needed.
      I just don't know what setting are required in IIS 6.

Thanks
      Andy

Comment

I think the AUG has this info for you, quite a big section of info on this in there IIRC. If not the AUG, definitely the KB.

Comment

Working...
        X