sub section layouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sub section layouts

I am having alot of trouble with making a sub section layout, basicly my website tree looks like this

I want the SSections to have a different layout to the normal Sections, while the Ssections are still using use parent. so far when I change the a Sections Layout it will change the Ssection Layout however it also makes that section 1 section also use that layout on the catalog page.

any ideas anyone
    www.simonstaton.co.uk

If you're using "use parent" then that's exactly what will happen, your section layout will be dictated by the parent section.

Create a new section layout for your sub sections and then select the layout for that section.

Or, if you are clever with blocks you could have one section layout and that layout will be populated with info depending on whether there is a product beneath it or not.

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

ok I see, I knew that I could do it section at a time, its just when I have some 600 sections I was wondering if there is a way to just change the top level section so all the sub sections would change instead of having to do it section at a time
      www.simonstaton.co.uk

Comment

How many top level sections do you have?

You could set the section layout globally in Design | Library | Layouts then just go and change your Top Level Sections. That would be quicker.

Army Gore-tex
        Winter Climbing Mitts
        webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
        Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

ok dont worry ive done it for reference I just put a block if around one layout and a block if around another layout and then put the 2 layouts togther in 1 main layout, and used the variable <actinic:variable name="SectionHasVisibleProduct" /> == true on one and <actinic:variable name="SectionHasVisibleProduct" /> == false on the other and its worked perfect =)
          www.simonstaton.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X