Weight Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight Question

Currently our system is set by weight of goods however; i have a product that must be transported by a pallet service and we can get 2 units onto each pallet - IF we charge £80 for the pallet service and the customer gets charged £80 for 1 unit or 2 units - how do we set this up so IF the customer wants 3 units they are charged 2 x £80 i.e. 3 units equals 2 pallets and then, if the order say 7 units this equals 4 pallets hence 4 x £80

I must add that this will not be for all items just individual listings - Please help as i am completly lost - Tel: 0845 1080047 Dave Mac
    Tel: 0845 1080047 - Website: www.ukexhibition.co.uk

I would create new weights for these items that are outside the normal range of the existing shipping tables.

You can then create additional entries for these weights or create a whole new shipping method ("Pallet Delivery") for these items.

If you make each one 100Kg, for example, then you just need to set up the new shipping table for £80 up to 200Kg, £160 up to 400Kg, etc.

If you tick the box for 'dont allow excess weights' or whatever it's called on the other shipping methods then they'll only be offered the Pallet shipping at checkout.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
      I would create new weights for these items that are outside the normal range of the existing shipping tables.

You can then create additional entries for these weights or create a whole new shipping method ("Pallet Delivery") for these items.

If you make each one 100Kg, for example, then you just need to set up the new shipping table for £80 up to 200Kg, £160 up to 400Kg, etc.

If you tick the box for 'dont allow excess weights' or whatever it's called on the other shipping methods then they'll only be offered the Pallet shipping at checkout.

Mike
      Mike - Thanks for your reply however; i am having a nightmare with this systems as every time i do something new i have to wait 20 minutes for the website to refresh to see it works then, it does not so i have to keep trying something new - IN PLAIN LANGUAGE - If you know how to do this or anybody reading this please call me 0845 1080047 as I am just about hacked off
      Tel: 0845 1080047 - Website: www.ukexhibition.co.uk

Comment

Then why not pay someone to do it?

Lee http://community.actinic.com/member.php?u=4619 could do this in no time. His rates are very reasonable.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
        X