A little 'k' has appeared on my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little 'k' has appeared on my site

I'm only in my first week of Actinic, so this maybe an obvious problem - but I cannot find reference to it anywhere.

I have designed my own site in Dreamweaver and registered it with Actinic and am getting on ok'ish' with it.

However I have a really weird little problem....

A small letter 'k' has appeared on my site. (screenshot attached)

It does not appear in Dreamweaver but does appear in Actinic and when I preview the site.

Has anyone ever come across this before, how do I get rid of it? It seems to be where the INNERLAYOUT starts?

thanks for your help
    Attached Files

Give us the URL Alan and we'll be able to track it down for you, or use firebug in firefox and find it there.

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Unfortunately - we haven't put the site online yet .. but I will try the firebug method

Comment

Maybe its a Special K?

Jeez I'm funny.

Try highlighting it in the page preview window in the design tab thingy and see where it appears in the layout code below?
        Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

or do a search for 'k ' (put a space after it) and scroll through the results to find a rogue one- lots of 'block' will show up though
          The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

Looking at it's position, I'd check your coding surrounding the facebook image, you may have cut the link or alt tag short???

Army Gore-tex
            Winter Climbing Mitts
            webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
            Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

I would think you have just pressed k while typing in the code or editting that sidebar menu. I have done this before its an easy mistake. obviously scanning all your code for k is going to take forever. so I would suggest what webd has and look around the area it is appearing maybe copy the few lines of code used on that menu then put it into notebook then scan it for a runaway "k"
              www.simonstaton.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions everyone

.. well I think it's something to do with the float. It only appears in IE8 and the Actinic preview window, doesn't appear in any other browser or Dreamweaver. (it doesn't show if you 'view source' either!)

For some reasons it is copying the last 'k' from 'facebook' and duplicating it outside the div. I changed the text, and low and behold it changed to the last letter of what I typed in. If I take the text out .. it simply duplicates the facebook icon.

I have validated the HTML and CSS and no problems found.

With a bit of playing around - I have to find a workaround by putting an empty <p></p> directly after the facebook text.

Sorry for jumping the gun and assuming it was Actinic (although - it didn't do it before I put the Actinic code in ... so maybe)

Comment

Working...
                X