Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do I find added variables in the Database.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do I find added variables in the Database.

I thought I had posted this earlier so apologies if I am repeating myself but can't find it.

I need to produce commission reports for some of our referrers. I thought I could set up an Access database linked to some of the tables in EC. I added a variable to the products (Pay commission on selected products only sometimes) to identify the Commission Group. When I looked at the Actinic Catalog database it was not in the product related tables - so the question is where is it? I can create a table of the products separately but it would be yet something else to keep up to date, when it is easy to add to the product details in EC. All I want is to be able to run a report at the end of each month!!

I would also like to add an additional box to the customer account details, like the external reference, that comes through to the order when it is assigned to an account - so I can associate the referrer with the customer account. I have tried doing it using Price Schedules but it is not as successful as I would have liked.

Your help is much appreciated.
    Last edited by PFE; 16-Jul-2009, 05:18 PM. Reason: Spelling

There are two tables you need - variable & userdefinedproperties

variable contains (amongst other things) the name of the variable in 'sName' & 'nID' the id of the variable which can be used to lookup in userdefinedproperties.nVariableID in conjuction with 'sContentID'* which will contain the productid in your case because they will be at product level.

Its fairly easy to do. If you start using parent properties and section level too though you'll need some recursive stuff through the tree to get to the correct values.

* productID will also include duplicates with x!xxxx format

hope that helps a little
    bec

Comment

Thanks for that Bec. I will have a look and see what I find.

Comment

Working...
      X