windows 7 testing with actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

windows 7 testing with actinic

hi, has anyone done any testing of actinic on windows 7? if so any problems noted.

I have windows 7 RC installed on a spare pc and it seems very stable.
    Previously the pc was running xp so same hardware for testing.

Just installed actinic v9.04 to see how it runs for test only.

First impressions actinic running quicker especially previews. Snapshot import is quicker.

Noted a problem with selecting more than one sub section holding down the 'ctr' key or shift key for groups of selection.
    Some of those items selected do not move when dragging to another section.
    Some items do not highlight.

wes
    Treasure Island Sweets

i tested a while ago but have since removed w7 from that pc and converted it to a test webserver

I did not find any issues with actinic and i found it alot faster, although i felt this was because ms had not filled it full of crap. The production release might be a different story

Comment

certainly much faster running actinic
      Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Originally posted by wesleythorne View Post
        Noted a problem with selecting more than one sub section holding down the 'ctr' key or shift key for groups of selection.
        Some of those items selected do not move when dragging to another section.
        Some items do not highlight.
        This was the same as far as 9.0.2 - I haven't tried 9.0.3 or 9.0.4 - on Vista (Home Premium and Ultimate) - selecting multiple options in a list (for example, in the content tree - sections, sub-sections, products and even options) was difficult, Vista certainly didn't seem to like it and wouldn't let me highlight 2+.

Comment

If anyone looking to buy windows 7

I got sent an email to pre order upgrade. W7 Home £49.99 and W7 Pro £99.99
          http://www.microsoft.com/uk/windows/...pre-order.aspx
          Elliott - Weybridge Lights

www.weybridgelights.co.uk

Comment

we have ordered a copy of windows 7 from amazon pro version.
            It has been selling well due to it being a full version and half price, but supplies are limited and I have heard some stores have already sold out of the pre order version.
            Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Originally posted by wesleythorne View Post
              we have ordered a copy of windows 7 from amazon pro version.
              It has been selling well due to it being a full version and half price, but supplies are limited and I have heard some stores have already sold out of the pre order version.
              How much did you pay for the full version
              Elliott - Weybridge Lights

www.weybridgelights.co.uk

Comment

£86 for pro version amazon
                note prices are going up,
                a quick search on google will throw up some options, or go to the microsoft website for full details.

you can even download the windows 7 rc for free and use in for several months for testing purposes.
                Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Working...
                X