Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Plus/Multi Site Licensing

Good Afternoon'ish

Was wondering, with v9 Business Plus - just how many sites can the software store?

Say the only site you use BP for is domain.com - but would like to make domaintwo.com your 'primary' licensed site - is this within the boundaries of Actinic's licensing? Or does it not really matter as you have 'Business Plus' with the capability of adding 2+ sites to the software.

As I understand:

"Create multiple sites from the same application without purchasing additional license keys"

Therefore, from this, I can only assume you can add as many sites as you like - but just how many will the software pertain? Is there a limit where the software grinds to a halt?

Cheers,
    Grant

It shouldn't grind to a halt as the list of sites is held in sites.ini but I do recall Norman raising a bug with the list as he had over several hundred sites and they did not all show. From a performance point of view there is no impact as each is really a stand alone site.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

we use multi site and it works fine
      although each site is supposed to be independent they all use the same packing/ invoice reports so if you want custom packing lists etc any changes u make to one will show on all.

wesley
      Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Report modifications can be made to be conditional to each site. Alteratively Jan's OSA and/or OSOP allows you to have different reports per site.

Comment

hi, I was not ware of this, we had a custom report done by mole end who did a very good job for us by the way.
          Can you enlighten me how I set things up so that I can print one packing list with a custom report in one site and a standard packing list in a second site.

Kind regards
          wesley
          Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

There are three ways to achieve this.
            1. The report can be modified to have the customisation conditional based on the relevant site.
            2. Use the Mole-End software OSA or/and OSOP (can't remember which). This allows you to specify a different report per site.
            3. Use a simple bat file to swap reports. You would just need to double click on the relevant bat file prior to printing.

Comment

Thanks for your help guys - should have asked in the OP, but do all the sites use the same database, ie. ActinicCatalog.mdb - therefore if one site snuffs the database, all sites are broken until the single issue is solved?

Comment

every site has its own site1 folder - thus unique mdb. Take a look at the contents of a site1 folder this will show what is unique, then look at the folders above site1 - this it what is shared.

it is always a good idea to rename site folders to clientname to avoid confusion with multiple sites.

Comment

Many thanks Jo - seems this is the way forward for future inhouse Actinic developments, thought we may as well use the license/cover for something useful

Cheers,
                  Grant

Comment

which flavour of actinic depends on who does the order processing.

BP as i understand it only allows inhouse order processing.

if you want design with you and order processing with client then you need individual copies of catalog/business or designer/order manager.

Personally I dont rate the order manager route as there is no upgrade path.

i'd for BP (if you download orders for clients) or designer for yourself to have multiple copies, and then catalog/business for clients

Check my info against actinic site for full product info though

Comment

Thanks for the advice Jo - much appreciated.

Would I be right in saying you cannot have a 'global' site, in which you can download orders from other sites within BP.

For example, I use domain.com as the main site and download orders into 'Site1' (domain.com) from other sites (Site2, Site3, etc) for domain2.com, domain3.com, etc.

I don't think it will be possible but it would be awesome.

Comment

Every site is completely independant.

Comment

Working...
                        X