Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSV Import Error

Hi,

I'm trying to import the attached CSV file. I'm sure it's just me being tired after a long day, but Actinic keeps saying there's an error on first line.

I've checked the usual:

1) Tried creating the spreadhseet in an older version of Excel to create a spreadsheet to ensure no import issues
    2) Made sure there are no illegal characters

such as prod reference that uses . and -

Actinic says....

You will now be able to assign each product its own product reference within the 'Reference' field of each product.

Your references can contain alphanumeric characters as well as '–' (hyphen) and '/' (forward slash).

The following characters can't be used:

! " ' : _ | % *

Any ideas?

See told you I was tired! I've upload the original Excel spreadsheet in the first post. Here's the CSV file I created

Comment

I really don't think this should matter, but the vertical alignment of the headers in columns H & L is different to the rest. Try using format painter in Excel to make them all the same. A real long shot, but would only take a few seconds.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

I think there might be something in that. If you open the file in Notepad there are quotes around those two headers.Remove the quotes and try again

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Thanks you were right! now works

Comment

Working...
          X