Synchronisation Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synchronisation Server

Hi, I have just bought a new license for a thrird user on my network for business plus, latest release

After installing actinic, the system asks for the sites fold to connect to, I point it to the correct place on the main system, and I just get a "can not connect to sync.. server" message ? any clues please ?

Thanks.
    Austin Harvey
    Girls Of Elegance Ltd
    http://www.girlsofelegance.co.uk

Try this, go to Control Panel | Firewall.

Click the 'Exceptions' tab, then 'Add Port'.

Enter Name: Actinic (or anything you like)

Port Number: 4371

Check 'TCP' then OK.

Then do it again for Port Number 4372.

The answer's already in the forum somewhere.
    Paul
    Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Strange thing is I have 3 licenses.

If I use 1 license key (other than the main) the software connects fine, with my new latest license key (same software, same PC) it doesn't connect ...

The plot thickens ...
      Austin Harvey
      Girls Of Elegance Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by auztin100 View Post
        Strange thing is I have 3 licenses.

If I use 1 license key (other than the main) the software connects fine, with my new latest license key (same software, same PC) it doesn't connect ...

The plot thickens ...
        Phone Actinic support to ensure those license keys can be used together - IIRC the way it works is the license keys unlock the software when decrypted - thus, allowing the software to 'speak' to each other - perhaps if the keys aren't right, they will never decrypt together and so, can't talk.

Comment

Try to turn the slave computer on after the master
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown View Post
            Try to turn the slave computer on after the master
            Tried all of the above, and still no working in contact with support now, who have given me another key to try ... same problem
            Austin Harvey
            Girls Of Elegance Ltd

Comment

Check you have the sync installed on the computer try

Control Panel
              Admin tools
              Services
              you should see "actinic Syncronisation and it's status, it should be running, if not there then I forget where you can load it from but there was a post about 18 months ago on this forum
              Chris Ashdown

Comment

Ok, sorted -

Had to set Mcafee total protection firewall to be custom, edit the settings, and add the ports into there, as well as the windows firewall ...

Thanks guys.
                Austin Harvey
                Girls Of Elegance Ltd

Comment

I did have a problem a few years ago with sage line 50 when it sudenly lost the SDO and refused to work, had to beg sage to give another one, not sure what the not working symptoms were, what does it say when you run act to sage link with the test

Could you have deleted the sage password from presumably the reg

Just guesses I am afraid, sorry you have found another thing to break
                  Chris Ashdown

Comment

Going to order another User Key now - will refer this thread to Daniel.
                    Paul
                    Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Working...
                    X