Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyword oddities

Hey folks,

I have the meta keywords and descriptions tabs filled out on, for example, the following page.

http://www.oliverslighting.co.uk/shop/index.html

If I use Firebug or just view the page source, I can see the meta text clearly. However, if I add the above URL to Submit Express and use the meta tag analyser, I get the following info.

Title meta tag contains no errors - This tag contains 24 characters.
    Found no description meta tag - The description meta tag is used by most of the search engines. Consider adding a description meta tag.
    Found no keywords meta tag - The keyword meta tag is still used by many search engines. Consider adding a keyword meta tag.
    Found no robots meta tag - This tag is not really required but helps spiders to index the web page.

I'm unsure why it's not picking up the description and keywords.

I spoke last month to Actinic support about this and they told me not to trust software such as Submit Express, but it's been buzzing around in the back of my mind and I thought somebody here might be able to offer advice?
    Regards,

Nick Churchill
    www.oliverslighting.co.uk
    Olivers Online Shop
    Working within SellerDeck V11

Most of these software site checkers seem to fall short in some way or another.

If you can see the meta information correctly in the source then it is a fault of the checking software as to why it doesn't see them properly.

Certainly nothing to be at all concerned about.

Comment

Thank you Duncan.

Most of the shops traffic is still coming through our original website, which is fine, but I want to make sure the shop is doing its bit. Eventually I'd like to have the shop dominate.

At the moment if I type into Google 'Olivers Lighting Company' the shop is nowhere to be found, which I find worrying.
      Regards,

Nick Churchill
      www.oliverslighting.co.uk
      Olivers Online Shop
      Working within SellerDeck V11

Comment

Working...
      X