Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Display Latest Offers like Mini New Products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display Latest Offers like Mini New Products?

Is there a way of displaying latest product offers in a grid like the Mini New Products?

Yes it is, select your desired column count (either product or section) on the section in question.

Comment

Sorry, I was wondering if there was a way I could create a mini list of latest offers on the home page?

Comment

Add one of the marketing lists and rename one of them is a possible option. If you are using both lists already then you will probably need to look into creating your own fragment layout and adjusting the list layout, which i'd suggest is probably getting a bit technical for you. Go with renaming one of the marketing lists if i were you, forget what actinic calls them, you can call them whatever you want.

Comment

OK I could have a go at "creating your own fragment layout and adjusting the list layout" ! I'm not stupid (well maybe not fully awake sometimes), I'd just need some pointers please!

Comment

I'm not initimating you are stupid, just lacking actinic experience, that's all. Create your new fragment layout that you wish to use first, then add a fragment for each product, add your images and copy and fill in the link tab to point it to where you want it to go. Once you get to that stage, upload and show us what you have, dependent on what else you have on the page, you will then need direction on adjusting or adding a second list layout.

Comment

Thanks Can you explain why I need a new fragment layout?

Comment

Because you need to create a fragment layout to mimic the layout that you said you want to copy. Unless of course one of the existing fragment layouts does as you want it to, in which case, just use that.

Comment

OK sorry thought there would be layout already that is used in the Mini Layouts.

Comment

There is, but you have already said you don't want to use those and fancy having a go at creating a fragment layout and the list layout solution. If you want to use the layout of that area, then you need to use that part of the software, i.e. use the marketing list as i outlined at the start.

If you want to use the layouts of the marketing lists, then you need to be using the marketing lists. Your only option if not using those on a brochure page is to add fragments as mentioned and therefore need a fragment layout to do so.

Example of this - http://www.atlanticshopping.co.uk/ - the central area is all fragments.

Comment

Sorry think you got me wrong, I was wondering if if there was layout code I could re-use from the mini layouts rather than just renaming a marketing list Thanks for the example.

Comment

I didn't get you wrong at all, you are not understanding what you need to do. IF you are not using a marketing list to display these products, you cannot use a marketing list layout for the display. You can only use a marketing list layout, if you use a marketing list.

If you want to do other things on your site and you want it to look like the marketing list layout, then you need to create a new layout that does that mimicing for you. You do not get (on a fragment) the option to select a marketing list layout as standard, therefore you need to create it and add it.

Comment

OK im a bit confused here

on this home page http://www.kitesrus.co.uk/ i use three custom fragments and these are populated from my marketing list (has 15 items in it), on the main website new products list i have limited what is displayed to the 1st 6 using a blockif, i then use the next 6 in this list for the whats hot items and the last three items i use in these fragments. So i change these to whats on offer.

is this what you are trying to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
                            OK im a bit confused here
                            I think we all are.

As i understand, he wants to create a list of products, that are not in a marketing list, but he does want them to look like those in a marketing list. Therefore fragments and a custom fragment layout are the only solution available as i see it.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                              I didn't get you wrong at all, you are not understanding what you need to do. IF you are not using a marketing list to display these products, you cannot use a marketing list layout for the display. You can only use a marketing list layout, if you use a marketing list.

If you want to do other things on your site and you want it to look like the marketing list layout, then you need to create a new layout that does that mimicing for you. You do not get (on a fragment) the option to select a marketing list layout as standard, therefore you need to create it and add it.
                              OK OK just checking

Comment

Working...
                              X