Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Add extended info page to breadcrumb trail??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add extended info page to breadcrumb trail??

Hi there

Has anyone been able to add the extended information page to the breadcrumb trail??

I have managed to get the breadcrumb trail variable on this page & at the moment it reads:

Home | Natural Handmade Soap | Natural Herbal Soap

(Natural Herbal Soap being the sub-category I have come from)

But I would like it to read:

Home | Natural Handmade Soap | Natural Herbal Soap | Product Name

(making the previous page a link & the extended information page appear in the breadcrumb)

Many thanks
    Linzi

What happens when you add the product name variable to the end then?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
      What happens when you add the product name variable to the end then?
      Hi sorry, please bare with me - ive been away for rather a long time and not used actinic since V6!!

If I go into Design > Library > Layouts > Extended info Layout > Includes Add to Cart Button >

I can see the following;

<actinic:block>
      <actinic:block>
      ParentSectionListTop
      </actinic:block>
      </actinic:block>

Do you mean after this??

Comment

Try it, just remove it after if not where you want it. If you start to type the name it should fill out the rest for you or you can add it from the variable list on the design tab.

Alternatively, go conventional SPP approach and scrap the extended info pages, they're rubbish anyway. Tutorial on my site if you're not sure what i am on about.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
          Try it, just remove it after if not where you want it. If you start to type the name it should fill out the rest for you or you can add it from the variable list on the design tab.

Alternatively, go conventional SPP approach and scrap the extended info pages, they're rubbish anyway. Tutorial on my site if you're not sure what i am on about.
          I would have gone down the SPP route as standard but unfortunately I'm just doing a re-skin and client already has all products set up with extended info

I'll try hacking the breadcrumbs some more and see how I get on

Thanks for your time

Comment

Working...
          X