Design Element Snapshot Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Design Element Snapshot Question

If I have created a couple of variables and inserted them to the product section in to the layout. Then I've put a border around the cells in the product layout, edited the top level design by moving two images about. What would I need to include in a Design Elements Snapshot?

Only everytime I do an element snapshot, the overall page layout design, doesn't import, only the variables.

If I do a full design snapshot, when I import the design, then it overwrites any changes in the customers site layout, that they may have changed themselves. i.e. the categories are appearing as two columns not one, the top nav is appearing as images and not text. Possibly because everything reverts back to 'use parent ()'.

How can I export variables as well as external top level design layout using 'export elements snapshot'?

Thanks

The Variables you mention, the Layouts that you've put these Variables in and the Overall Layout (because you moved things about there).

I'm fairly sure that sending a Partial Site design doesn't change values for variables that the customer may have already set via Settings / Site options or elsewhere in the Content Tree. Likewise for Layout Selectors (which are basically variables that point to one of a range of Layouts).
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Nearly There

Thanks for this. The import nearly worked. There is a part of the overall design that isn't importing still. on the http://www.thebedsheduk.com website on the right column. I have moved the 'whybuy' image at the bottom to the top of the three images. This is the part that isn't importing through. There is no option in the partial design export to choose 'overall layout', and even though I selected every tick in every box for each category, this doesn't come through.

Any other ideas?

PS: Thanks for the advice.

Comment

There is no option in the partial design export to choose 'overall layout'
        Your overall layout is just another library item - not a checkbox.

You need to know the name of your overall layout and add that to the list of items when creating your partial site design snapshot.

Navigate, in the Design tab, to the overall layout you're using. Its name is displayed in the title of the Layout Code tab. Note said name.

Now when doing partial site design, include it. It'll be in Library / Layouts / Web Page Outer Layout.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X