Unable to remove Payment Method from web

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to remove Payment Method from web

I'm cutting over a v9.0.4 Business site to Sage Pay and have added that payment method into business settings OK I have left in Credit card payments taken separately, but DIS-abled it for the web - ie offline only.

However, on the web at checkout it pays payment method Sagepay (and goes go there with the next button) but it still shows the credit card fields (and marked as required).

The only way to remove these credit card fields is to remove that payment option, but that then means MOTO orders can't take credit card details over the phone.

I've trawled this forum all afternoon for this without success. Someone else must have had (and fixed I hope) this problem.
    Mike Booker
    M B Web Services
    mbws@mbwebs.co.uk
    +44 1932 340318

We have our site set up similarly. In Business Settings|Payment and Security we have ticked card details taken separately for Desktop only. The option doesn't appear on the website but is available on the desktop for MOTO orders, or to process payment details for orders pending PSP authorisation.
    Brian
    www.flowergallery.co.uk
    Same day flower delivery to UK
    Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
    International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

Hmm so it works as expected for you - can I ask what version you're using?
      Mike Booker
      M B Web Services
      mbws@mbwebs.co.uk
      +44 1932 340318

Comment

Take it you have done the usual things like compact database and purge and refresh (under help --> troubleshooting)?
        "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Yup
          Also set up a fresh New site (Business allows that) and tried it on that and got the same result.
          Mike Booker
          M B Web Services
          mbws@mbwebs.co.uk
          +44 1932 340318

Comment

Originally posted by MikeBooker View Post
            Hmm so it works as expected for you - can I ask what version you're using?
            I'm using v901. Not 100% sure, but I think this was also in place in v8
            Brian
            www.flowergallery.co.uk
            Same day flower delivery to UK
            Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
            International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

OK having tried a number of options, I finally uninstalled v9, removed all the remaining site folders etc, and did a completely clean install of 9.0.4 JFJA - no upgrade. To this I added Sage Pay, and unticked the Web option for the other three default payment methods. No other changes whatsoever - just the network settings.

Cleared out a local server (emptied cgi-bin and acatalog folders) and did a clean update to it. Went to place an order and hey Sage Pay as payment method but the card boxes are still there. - see attached screen dump.

So is this a 9.0.4 bug?

Just in case this had something to do with the upgraded SagePay fields, I changed the sagepay to Netbanx, but othere that the payment method saying netbanx the CC fields wree still there.

<very quietly>now what do I do?</very quietly>
              Attached Files
              Mike Booker
              M B Web Services
              mbws@mbwebs.co.uk
              +44 1932 340318

Comment

can you show us a screen print of the setup under business settings

Comment

Of course
                  Attached Files
                  Mike Booker
                  M B Web Services
                  mbws@mbwebs.co.uk
                  +44 1932 340318

Comment

OK

i have just added it to mine the same way you have set it up and it does not upload. Im not sure whats happened to your installation i think a call to actinic is needed.

i see your using xamp do you use dyndns if so can i take a look, wondering if its something odd your seeing localy

Comment

Don't use DyDNS, but have changed the n/w settings and published to: www.testlive.co.uk/acv9/
                      Last edited by MikeBooker; 04-Aug-2009, 02:33 PM. Reason: spelling!
                      Mike Booker
                      M B Web Services
                      mbws@mbwebs.co.uk
                      +44 1932 340318

Comment

ok

try moving the credit card details one down the list, you could try reinstalling the psp's failing that a job for support me thinks

Comment

Darren thanks for the continuing ideas, yes I have tried that. I haven't re-installed the PSPs, as the whole install was a fresh one this am following a complete un-install.

Have emailed support and will see what they think...

Meanwhile I may try v9.0.1 and goingin upwards from there
                          Mike Booker
                          M B Web Services
                          mbws@mbwebs.co.uk
                          +44 1932 340318

Comment

I have had it confirmed that it is a bug.

Support say:
                            Yes I too can replicate the issue and have also found out that its already been classified as a bug, but I’m afraid I don’t have any time scales for a fix. At the moment the only work around I can give you is what’s here http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=38875. But please bear in mind you will need to have the entry in business settings and have available only for desktop option ticked.
                            Is seems there was a previous posting I missed. The work-around is to comment out or remove the relevant lines in the "Payment Phase" layout.
                            Mike Booker
                            M B Web Services
                            mbws@mbwebs.co.uk
                            +44 1932 340318

Comment

I have just come across this problem and can confirm that it is still a bug in v9.0.5
                              Regards
                              David

Comment

Working...
                              X