Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very New, Very Confused

Hi,

I'm a graphic designer by title, but am working for a client who have just started to use Actinic and I've been asked to put together the site.

Personally, I'm not that happy with any of the pre-designed themes. How do I begin to design my own? I have tinkered with HTML and CSS in the past, but can't seem to work out how to apply a design to the Actinic software.

Any clues?

Thank you!

Vicki

Use the dreamweaver integration is your best bet, details in the help files and on the getting started tab within actinic.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. So I can create a standard design with images/html and use that for the layout? I was really confused and it's like Actinic speaks a whole new language! Is it possible to create a whole background in photoshop or illustrator and place that onto the page, using content over the top?

Comment

yep - just specify the background-image in the stylesheet.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by ActinicNewbie View Post
          I can create a standard design with images/html and use that for the layout
          Create the template in the root of the Actinic site folder and place ALL images and files at the root level (do not place images into /images subfolders)

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
          X