Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Programme won't launch

Bizarre one this.

For no particular reason, ie previously stable platform etc, my Actinic (multisite 8.5.3) refused to launch. It simply goes through the first few seconds of the process and then shuts down. Almost as if it is failing to find whatever file it's looking for!

So I re-installed it - and it's still the same, any ideas anyone?
    "Live in England, and subject yourself to the punishing taxes of envy, it's hard to be a winner in a society dedicated to the glorification of losers."

This is unlikely but it might be that a hung copy of the program is running in the background - have you rebooted your PC recently?

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Is your database on the same PC or on a shared server or other PC.

Comment

With multisite if you can launch into an alternative site from the command prompt from the Actinic folder

HTML Code:
        catalog.exe -s "sitename"
        once loaded you can typically switch to the offending site and fix whatever you were last working on or roll back and import a recent working ACD.

If working on layouts checked for cyclical nested layouts calling itself into itself (I am often doing this )

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
          Is your database on the same PC or on a shared server or other PC.
          Same machine.

I've clean installed the software, and it's still not happy. I now get the error message.

"Unable to locate the database for the selected site. The site will remain unchanged"

Any ideas please?
          "Live in England, and subject yourself to the punishing taxes of envy, it's hard to be a winner in a society dedicated to the glorification of losers."

Comment

Vista preventing you accessing the database in C: ??

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

This could be developing into something more sinister...see Lances post here:-

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...324#post280324

He experienced the same problem, at around the same time..........

Comment

Originally posted by Mark H View Post
                Vista preventing you accessing the database in C: ??
                I'm running XP Pro.

Comment

You're lucky. You might even be able to avoid Vista altogether and go straight to Windows 7

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Working...
                  X