Best sellers problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best sellers problem...

Just launched a new site a week ago and i am having a nightmare with the best sellers...

every time you click one it comes up with the error:

Code:
    A General Script Error Occurred
    Error: Error opening the index "../public_html/acatalog/oldprod.fil". No such file or directory. The web site is probably being updated. Please wait a few minutes and try again. If the problem persists, contact us.Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner
    Anyone come across this in the past? as i am tearing my hair out i have refreshed the site from this pc and checked all my other sites and i cant see were i have gone wrong... it only seems to be the best sellers that's causing a issue as its letting me place orders and everything...

site url is http://www.pharmanaturale.co.uk

The Search facility isn't working either. Unfortunately I don't know any more about your problem.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Have you compacted the database and refreshed the site? Or purge the site and upload... ?

Comment

Originally posted by grantglendinnin View Post
        Have you compacted the database and refreshed the site? Or purge the site and upload... ?
        Yes i have done all of the above,

Refreshed about 3 times, Purged twice and up-loaded countless amounts of times....

Comment

have you done a website purge and refresh from Help/Troubleshooting menu?

when i get this error i do a full manual delete using ftp, but if you are uncomfortable with this try the above first.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
            have you done a website purge and refresh from Help/Troubleshooting menu?

when i get this error i do a full manual delete using ftp, but if you are uncomfortable with this try the above first.
            I have done the manual delete... all that did was stop it linking them to the old products and generated this error...

I don't seem to have the website purge option on my help menu evean under troubleshooting... only a option to purge i have is under the housekeeping tab,

Comment

It's in the help menu as Jo outlined.

Comment

Just found the option... didnt see it before because its grayed out...

Any ideas how to un-gray it?

Comment

No idea sorry, never seen it greyed out myself. What version of actinic are you using? Do you have all store maintenace and design options set in business settings enabled, might be that. I have heard it mentioned in here before though, so maybe a search of the forum is in order if noone jumps in with a solution.

Comment

We are using Buisness Plus version 9.0.4.0.0.0 JFJA

i'll do a quick search... its tipical as its the one option that is grayed out on the troubleshooting menu

Comment

Just done a search with no results also looked in the KB...

Why cant i click the purge button?

Comment

Can you provide a screenshot of your troubleshooting options?

Comment

Do you have "Catalog Maintenance" checked in Business Settings? Not having it checked greys out that option.

Army Gore-tex
                          Winter Climbing Mitts
                          webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                          Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

here's the screenshot:

catalogue maintenance is ticked, I have unticked it closed and re-opened then re-ticked it and no difference...

Comment

still havent been able to resolve this... any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                              X