Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I make hidden text visible to the Actinic search engine only and not Google?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I make hidden text visible to the Actinic search engine only and not Google?

I have a client who wants the Actinic search facility, (not Google or any of the public search engines), to find words that are not visible on the page. He was asking if this was possible to do via the Meta-Keywords tab.

I remember almost 6 years ago Norman coming up with a solution that works. See :

Thread 177

!!<<noscript>>!!
    Norman Rouxel
    !!<</noscript>>!!

Now this works but my concern is that Google will see it as hidden text on the page. Does anyone know if that would be the case.
    Regards
    David

If you arent already using it for what it was originally intended, you can use the Extended Info Text field.

Remove the actinic variable from the template so it doesnt display on the live site and then load the field with the text you want searchable.

The text is then not hidden on the site HTML, its just contained in the Perl search script and to my knowledge, no google hit will occur.

Edit - I should add I havent tried this in V8/9, we use it in V7 for common spelling errors and it works a treat.

Comment

That's an interesting one - I'll give it a go - cheers!
      Regards
      David

Comment

Working...
      X