Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent Help

Hi, All

I have recently had a site made for me by a designer but what he didnt tell me was it wasnt in html and i would then need to get someone to make the site he just did the design and tbf it wasnt cheap.

I am now stuck with a site which isnt going to be working and i need someone to help me asap

Anyone have any ideaS?
    Designer Clothing London

If I understand you correctly your designer has done just that - designed a site for you and presumably, from what I'm hearing, delivered it to you as perhaps a photoshop file.

Unfortunately I guess you didn't understand what your designer was going to deliver nor did your designer understand what you were expecting. It's very important to have a clear understanding of the scope of work and deliverables at the outset. There is often a grey line between designing and developing - many developers do both but this is not always the case for designers who may design anything from a web site to a wedding invitation.

That said your next step will be for you to get that design coded as an outer layout for Actinic. For that you will need an html coder/developer.

Comment

The site in the signature is Actinic and working?
      Paul
      Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

What you on about Kevin, it's a functioning actinic site.

Comment

Ditto duncan's post. It is quite usual for a designer to "design" a site and deliver it as a psd or similar. Designers often do not know html, coders often can't do good visuals.

I often use a designer for this purpose - they have the creative idea that i can convert to a website. TBH the best sites i've done have been those where i had sufficient budget to pay a designer.

Now you need a coder/developer to take the psd and use it to create a website ie working html/css.

Comment

Lee, perhaps we need to do 'Find all Posts by.....'

Maybe it's a different url as he has more than one.
            Paul
            Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Originally posted by zenicman9 View Post
              Hi, All

I have recently had a site made for me by a designer but what he didnt tell me was it wasnt in html and i would then need to get someone to make the site he just did the design and tbf it wasnt cheap.

I am now stuck with a site which isnt going to be working and i need someone to help me asap

Anyone have any ideaS?
              Kevin
              You do not have any contact info here on the forum, if you are really looking for help you need to provide a means of contacting you.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
              SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
              Custom Packages

Comment

If you post something as 'urgent' and want help Kevin then please be check back frequently or subscribe to receive notifcations of replies to your post otherwise I and others I suspect find posts like this quite frustrating.

Comments have been added by a number of people (even over the bank holiday weekend) but you have yet to respond to your 'urgent' post and are not even contactable via the forum.

Comment

TBH i ignored the URGENT as once the post was read it was apparant that he wasn't going to get a website by the end of the day...

More often that not a post marked urgent never is.

Comment

Hi,

Sorry I have only just got back to my PC, The site is called Fragrance4you and isnt live at the moment, i need someone to help me as I would like it done by the end of this week

I can be emailed any time on zenicman9@yahoo.com or caled onm 07824697965
                    Designer Clothing London

Comment

Originally posted by zenicman9 View Post
                      Sorry I have only just got back to my PC, The site is called Fragrance4you and isnt live at the moment, i need someone to help me as I would like it done by the end of this week
                      That's cutting it a bit fine (OK, very fine) if your designer has only supplied a PSD design, which requires coding and then integrated with Actinic. A few weeks is usually where most designers are targeting.

Comment

Hi,

I cam understand this but if someone was able to help me and could do it for a resonable price I would be willing to wait for it.
                        Designer Clothing London

Comment

What do you call a reasonable price?

Comment

£600 And Less
                            Designer Clothing London

Comment

Maybe the graphic designer wasn't so expensive, probably just a misunderstanding on the time things take more than anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X