Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Design Snapshot problem

Hi - using v9.0.4

Just screwed up a site by importing a design snapshot.

A lot of variables modified in SETTINGS > SITE OPTIONS on my site are reverted back to "Use Parent" after a design snapshot import
    Regards
    David

Are both machines on 9.0.4 (ie. the design development machine and the import machine)?

Comment

Yes they are.

I've also tried it on the same instance on a machine and also taking a snapshot on one machine and importing on another machine.
      Regards
      David

Comment

2 suggestions:

1. Upgrade to 9.0.5. This probably won't make any difference but its a lot more stable.

2. Don't use design snapshots. Use standard import and don't tick any boxes.

IMO design snapshot is a lost cause. Nobody trusts it.
        Alan Johnson

Quality Parrot Cages & Accessories by Parrotize UK
        Pet Accessories by Animal Instinct

Comment

Alan - looks like I will have to. Just increases the overheads dramatically when I am doing the design work in Birmingham, and a new seasons worth of clothing products are being added down in Cornwall.

Plus the snapshot is a about 150Mb which is pretty hefty to push between the 2 sites...sort it out Actinic!!!!!
          Regards
          David

Comment

You could strip out most of the catalogue and end up with a few megs because it is only the design you want to send. It's just much more reliable to import from a "complete" snapshot. Try it locally and see how it works.

I agree that it needs sorting!!!
            Alan Johnson

Quality Parrot Cages & Accessories by Parrotize UK
            Pet Accessories by Animal Instinct

Comment

Working...
            X