Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash Audio Player not behaving in Actinic

Hi,

I have had a new Flash Audio player developed for my site. Basically the most important function of the player is that as there many players on each page, starting one player must stop the other.

Now this all works fine outside of Actinic - you can see the multiple players at:

http://www.soundsvisualmusic.co.uk/test/test.html

But when inserted inside Actinic the player sort of works in Firefox but in Internet explorer - starting one player does not stop the other. Have a go please!

http://www.soundsvisualmusic.co.uk/a...o_Section.html

There are some .js and .swf files that are uploaded via the 'Additional Files". They are all getting uploaded and the player is there as you will see - but something is obviously upsetting it within Actinic.

Any ideas on what i could try to get it working please?

Many thanks for any help.

Regards,

Jonathan
    YoPo Music - the UK non-MCPS buyout production music library.
    www.yopo.co.uk

Hasn't this been covered before?

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=39063

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

This certainly looks like the same issue as before.
      I think the player needs to be outside of the form tag in the product layout.

Comment

Yes same problem - different player. What I can't understand is that I am using the same layout that I currently have live where it works fine - but the player still seems to be within the form tags?

I'm a little rusty on this but for a product that has a player to play the music of that product - how would you insert the player outside of the form tags if the product layout starts and ends with the form tags?

Thanks for any help with this.

J
        www.yopo.co.uk

Comment

IIRC the player you are currently using on the main site is the original player that works in IE regardless of the form tag. Last year you tried another player (or an update to the original) and we found that it didn't work inside the form tags so I assumed you continued to use the original player at that time.

This new player shows the same issues. It should be possible to place the player outside of the form tag for the product - you should see the start and end form tags in the design view of the product layout.

Comment

You're absolutely right Duncan. Thanks

However... on my product layout the form tags start at the second line of code and end at penultimate line. I've tried putting the player before or after these lines but then it doesn't show at all. Aside from that I'd like to keep the layout of the product as it is - is there any way to do that? The audio player is inside the divs. Thanks J

The product layout for the test page is:
            Code:
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsProductFormUsed%22%20%2f%3e">

<form method="post" action="<actinic:variable name="OnlineScriptURL" value="Shopping Cart Script URL" />"> 
                     <input type="hidden" name="SID" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="SectionID"/>" />
                     <input type="hidden" name="PAGE" value="PRODUCT" />           
                     <input type="hidden" name="PAGEFILENAME" value="<actinic:variable name="SectionPageName" />" />
                     <Actinic:SECTION BLOB='<Actinic:Variable Name="SectionCatFile"/>'/>
                     <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsHostMode%22%20%2f%3e">
                        <!-- Hidden field when in trial mode -->
                        <input type="hidden" name="SHOP" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="HiddenFields"/>" />
                     </actinic:block>
            <table width="100%" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="5" border="0">
               <tr>
                  <td width="50%" align="left" valign="top">

<a name="<Actinic:Variable Name="EncodedProductAnchor"/>">
                     <h2><Actinic:Variable Name="ProductName"/></h2></a>
                     <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsProductReferenceVisible%22%20%2f%3e" >
                        Ref: <actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />
                     <Actinic:Variable Name="ProductDescription"/>
                     <actinic:variable name="CartError" />
                     <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsCustomerMessageUsed%22%20%2f%3e">

<Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION PROD_REF="<actinic:variable name="ProductID" />" COMPONENTID=-1><Actinic:Variable Name="RetailCustomerMessage"/></Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION>
                     <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e">
            				<p><b>
            				<Actinic:PRICES PROD_REF="<actinic:variable name="ProductID" />" RETAIL_PRICE_PROMPT="<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductPriceDescription"/>">

<actinic:variable name="PriceListRetail" />
                        </Actinic:PRICES>
                        </b><p/>

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductPriceIsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20False">
            	         <Actinic:NOTINB2B><strong><actinic:variable name="ProductPriceNotEnabledMessage" /></strong></Actinic:NOTINB2B>
                     <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsOutOfStockShown%22%20%2f%3e">
                        <strong><span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="OutOfStock"/></span></strong>
                     <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsCatalogSuspendedShown%22%20%2f%3e">
                        <strong><span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="CatalogSuspended"/></span></strong>
                     <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsAddToCartButtonShown%22%20%2f%3e%20AND%20%0d%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22NumberAttributesInPushButtonGrid%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%200%29" >
            <br/>            
            <actinic:variable name="AddToCartButton" />

<td width="50%" align="left" valign="top">
            <br />
               <div style=" background-color:#F5F5F5">

<script language="javascript"> addAudioSample(1,"../preview/BachTestAudio.mp3") </script>

<p align="left"><font color="#0099cc">
            <font size="1"><actinic:variable name="Extract Only" /> <actinic:variable name="Track Duration" /> Streaming Flash audio for evaluation only. Your downloaded track(s) will be broadcast wav files at 44.1kHz.</font></font></p>
            </div>  
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22DiscountDescriptionIsShownForProducts%22%20%2f%3e">      
                        <br /><actinic:variable name="DiscountList" value="Standard Discount List" />
                     <actinic:variable name="ExtendedInformationLinks" />
                     <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22FileURLNotEmpty%22%20%2f%3e">
                        <br />
                        <a href="<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductLinkInfo"/>">
                           <Actinic:Variable Name="ProductLinkText"/>
                        </a>
                     <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsOtherInfoPromptShown%22%20%2f%3e">
                        <br />
                        <span class="actrequired"><Actinic:Variable Name="OtherInfoPrompt"/></span><br />
                        <input type="text" name="O_<Actinic:Variable Name="ProductID"/>" size="40" maxlength="1000" value="" />
                     <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsDatePromptShown%22%20%2f%3e">
                        <br />
                        <span class="actrequired"><actinic:variable name="DatePrompt"/></span><br />
                        <actinic:variable name="DayList" /><actinic:variable name="MonthList" /><actinic:variable name="YearList" />
                     <actinic:variable name="AttributeList" />
                     <actinic:variable name="ComponentList" />
            			<actinic:variable name="ProductAlsoBoughtList" />
                     <actinic:variable name="ProductRelatedProductsList" />
                  </td>
               </tr>
            </table>
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsProductFormUsed%22%20%2f%3e">
                  </form>

www.yopo.co.uk

Comment

Looks like a 2 column layout could do it ok. Left column has all of the current product layout, then the form tag closes and have the right column for the player.

<form>
              <div class="leftProduct">blah blah</div>
              </form>
              <div class="rightProduct">player code</div>

Create the appropriate classes in your stylesheet and have them floating left, should line up next to each other then, don't forget to specify the width.

Comment

Ah - now that cures the player function problem in Internet Explorer - thanks.

But I'm struggling with changing the layout as if move the "close form" tag (</form> up from where it is at the end then I get a coding error where ever I put it, saying there's a closed tag without an opening tag? But the opening tag is still there...?

Any hints?

J
                www.yopo.co.uk

Comment

You shouldn't need to move the closing form tag, leave it where it is, add the extra code after it as in the example. Can't see why that wouldn't work.

Comment

Thanks for the help. The guy who wrote the code for the new player has updated the code so the player now functions properly in IE inside "form" tags.

Anyone able to help me with this though - the player shows up fine in the product (I insert the line of code into the product layout file) - but if I try and insert a player on the home page, by going to "content" and inserting the same line of code in the Welcome/ General tag - inside !!< >!! it shows on Actinic's preview but not when live online.

The line of code I insert (same as I have inserted into the layout code for the product) is:

Code:
                    !!<<script language="javascript"> addAudioSample(1,"http://www.soundsvisualmusic.co.uk/preview/BachTestAudio.mp3") </script>>!!
                    This is where it should be showing up:

http://www.soundsvisualmusic.co.uk

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jonny
                    www.yopo.co.uk

Comment

One issue I see is that the audio source is set to be:
                      addAudioSample(1,"../preview/BachTestAudio.mp3")
                      I wouldn't expect it to be 'preview' when online - try the relative URL without 'preview' or the full URL.

Comment

I tried both relative & absolute URLs - in the end what it seemed to be was that the Welcome page is the index.html file? that sits above the acatalog directory in the main root of www.soundsvisual.co.uk

The js and swf files for the audio player are all sitting in the acatalog directory. So by just copying them to the root of soundsvisualmusic.co.uk seems to make it work for that index Welcome page.

Does that sound right?

Thanks, J
                        www.yopo.co.uk

Comment

Yes that does make sense however if you reference the js and swf files with the full path then it might be ok with just having them in the acatlog directory. It might also depend on how the player itself needs to see the files in realtion to the mp3s themselves.

Personally I'd stick to the simple solution as you have done and just copied the files to the root as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X