• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login button pushed out of group

Hi All,

I am now on test space here with the site:

http://trials.actinic.com/trials/trial58790/index.html

and still got a lot to do but . . top right below logo is the login button. when a large amount is added to the cart this is pushed out of alignment and drops down and to the left, which looks awful!

Can anyone give me a suggestion how to fix it please.

thanks all (almost there now!!) hehe

Brian
    Organic Image - Award-winning Airbrush Kustom Art & Airbrush Classes

Firefox and firebug should show you the styling and coding in place. From what you say i suspect that things just need widening a little. When prices are added the cart summary, it enlarges quite a bit, so just give it the space it needs from the start is probably best. It will all remain static on the page then and not move around.

Comment

I can see the code here in Firebug:

#premier_menu_top_right li.items_value {
      background-color:#7C7684;
      border-right:1px solid #333333;
      color:#1D001C;
      float:left;
      line-height:18px;
      list-style-image:none;
      margin:0;
      padding:3px 7px;
      }

but how do i code in the actual size for the width?

ta

B

Comment

I don't think that will be it, changing that would probably change all items in the menu. The cart summmary is usually a table, i think you'll need to add a width to that instead. To add width to html, it is width="100" or width="20%", to add width to a CSS class, it is width: 100px;

Comment

I've just had a quick look, the width of that bar is set to 510px (in the CSS), change that to somewhere in between 610 and 650, should have enough room then. Class name:

#premier_menu_top_right, #premier_menu_top_right ul

Comment

Thanks for that Lee sorted! But . . I can't get the bar to align to the right? Any ideas on that as it looks messy sitting off-center.

Thanks bud . .

Brian

Comment

float: right; will move something to the right unless there is something also floated right and in the way, try that first.

Comment

Tried that bud and weird . . the Go! search button is now left of the input field and the LOGIN button (which is more important than the search for me) has gone althogether although, it shows on the preview in the software?

I think there may be a couple of clashes but I can't seem to fix them or spot them.

Thanks . .

B

Comment

the login button is at the left hand end of your top-right link buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by IanSaunders View Post
                    the login button is at the left hand end of your top-right link buttons.
                    Hehe I didn't realise . . I was logged-in and it disappears! Still need to move GO! to the right of the search box tho . .

Brian

Comment

Just wondered if anyone could help me re-align these babies? would appreciate that thank you. Need all of them to float right but, need the GO! Button to be right of search field, can't work out how to rectify it?

Thanks

B.

Comment

Working...
                      X