Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order does not download

Hi

This might a simple issue but I am at a loss.
    A client has had this intermittent problem for a while and it would seem to be getting worse.

When a customer places an order the payment process is paypal.
    They always get the PayPal confirmation of the order. But sometimes Actinc will not send a confirmation.

My client now believes that the lack of order confirmation from Actinic prevents the order downloading.

The client reports that all is ok with Actinic so I am stumped here.
    My only thought was a database issue.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dean

the order email not being recieved is because the customer has not returned to the website after making the payment not being able to download orders would point to something else

Comment

The order will download, but the payment confirmation might not be getting through if paypal isn't making the callback correctly. Your client should check the PSP pending tab for orders that might be hiding there.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Guys

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry if these responses are a bit vague but this issue has no real patten.

We know that the order process has been completed in full because my client gets full confirmation from PayPal.

It just feels like Actinic is not storing the data once it has been passed to PayPal.

The confirmation from PayPal includes email, invoice ID and amount but no item description.

My client then has to contact the customer, makes an apology and asks them what they had ordered. Not ideal.

Thanks

Dean

Comment

Originally posted by wfdeanb View Post
          We know that the order process has been completed in full because my client gets full confirmation from PayPal.
          this does not mean they have completed in full, if they dont return to your site then the email is not generated, it means they made the payment.

I would suggest you ftp to the server and look for the .ord files and then run some tests, you dont have to make a payment to generate and order. just abort the payment this will generate and order in actinic and you can see this on the server.

if your not getting these then something is either wrong with your settings or the server

Comment

Thanks Darren I will take a look.

Cheers

Dean

Comment

have you looked under psp pending to see if the order has downloaded to there instead

Comment

Hi

I have asked the client to do this for me.
                No reply as yet.

Cheers

Dean

Comment

Paypal download issues

This is NOT a PSP pending issue or people returning to the site....

We have the same problem at the moment - any help would be appreciated

Most of our products are digital downloaded so when a Paypal payment is made there should be links to the product on the customer receipt.

If the Paypal callback to Actinic is not done quickly enough then the links do not appear - the same problem as above.

The problem is intermittent - to the extent we have a message on the receipt acknowledging that "occasionally there is a problem with Paypal" - however for the last 5 days or so around 95% of links are missing from Paypal orders

Has something changed on the Paypal site - or is there something we can change in Actinic - it is a real pain in the butt!!!!!!

Comment

Hi

I wonder if PayPay is the only part of our setup we have in common.
                    Who are your hosts? we host on Linux with Fasthosts. Not been a problem before but this is the first time a client has used PayPal.
                    They are running a copy of Actinic business multi-site.

Cheers

Dean

Comment

Originally posted by wfdeanb View Post
                      Who are your hosts? we host on Linux with Fasthosts.
                      OMG 1,2,3....... just wondering how long before Lee spots that

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X