Variable ProductName missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Variable ProductName missing

I seem to have lost the variable ProductName.

When I click to insert variable it is not in the available list. However the variable does appear on existing layouts/templates and works and I can copy and paste it and it appears ok.

I would like to recreate this variable however having looked on another site where the variable is available I can not find where it is defined (have checked Design!Library!Variables and can not see it anywhere.

Any ideas as to a) why it has gone missing (pretty sure I haven't deleted it!) and b) how I can recreate it.

TIA

Kathy
    Kathy Newman

ProductName is one of those special breeds that is part of the building blocks of Actinic. As there is only 1 field for product name against a product it is not available anywhere else.

Let us know what you are hoping to do as their will inevitably be another way of doing it.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by kathynewman View Post
      When I click to insert variable it is not in the available list.
      If you need to insert just start typing the variable name and it will pop-up as an option to select .. it is not on the insert command due to the above post which if it was placed in the wrong layout would cause Actinic to fall on its back twitching.

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
        would cause Actinic to fall on its back twitching.
        which it would never ordinarily do, of course!
        Tracey

Comment

My v8.5.0 is very well trained - I can make it roll over on command.

Bikster

Comment

My v8.5.0 is very well trained - I can make it roll over on command.
            Roll over and play dead, I assume you mean?
            Tracey

Comment

If you need to insert just start typing the variable name and it will pop-up as an option to select .. it is not on the insert command due to the above post which if it was placed in the wrong layout would cause Actinic to fall on its back twitching.
              Thanks Jont that is what I was doing - but when I type ProductName it defaults to ProductNameOnline - ProductName isnt there at all!

I'm creating best sellers/what's new products for the site (but not using the actinic formats)
              Kathy Newman

Comment

Working...
              X