Delivery delays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delivery delays?

We seem to be inundated with calls this week of products not arriving. We assuming it's due to strike action and what our postman calls the Autumn pressure that RM didn't excpect this year due to the 'recession'. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing a high level of queries on deliveries.

D
    Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

when theres a strike we dont use r-mail, sen dvia courier dhl instead.
    R-mail is pain in the a** sometimes, slow out of date and no comeback when things go wrong.

Wes
    Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

We are getting more than usual.We have a standard email response asking people to be patient. Everyone is affected - we too are waiting on important mail.
      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

I was chatting to the girl in the post office yesterday and she said some people have commented on problems, but personally mine seem to be getting there.

I do know that the strikes are localised so perhaps its more to do with the area sent to. I heard reports that there are 2million letters caught in london though.

Interesting comment on royalmail, i have found its easier to get money out of them when its lost than it is any of the couriers i have used. They dont hide behind the excuses couriers always do

Comment

We are having the same problem with delayed parcels.

What really get me with Royal Mail is that if they strike for one day, when they come back they don’t start with the backlogged mail, but with the new stuff and get to the backlog when they have time!!

James
          www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
          www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
          www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
          www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
          www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

Comment

i have had one parcel "lost" for over 2 weeks
            after a kick up the arse they said they were returning to us
            now i look online and it says its delivered but customer says they have not recieved it

so not sure where to go next to be honest

RM will say delivered and not pay out
            Paypal will pay as they always believe the customer

ill be out of pocket because i have paid for it

great isnt it
            Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
            Current project:
            cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
            cheaplingerie4u.co.uk
            Something for the Missus,Something for the Weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Cheapprices4u View Post
              Paypal will pay as they always believe the customer
              Paypal will only refund the customer if Royal Mail shows the item as not delivered. If you provide a tracking number, which shows as Delivered, and delivered to the appropriate address, Paypal will close the case, regardless of what your customer is saying.

Comment

RM deliveries in NW London is pretty bad. I'm waiting for packages for home and work that are over 2 weeks late now.

I asked my postie early last week if things were OK and his response was "No, they haven't been for a couple of months now. There's loads of stuff waiting to be delivered".

The day after that the union announced there's 10 million items waiting for delivery. RM say it's less than that but all I know is a lot of the mail I get has taken two weeks to arrive and there's stuff I know should be here by now that's taking longer than that.

Mike
                -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                X