Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

design options lost from ide?

hi community

i have lost the 'design' tab (and associated functionality like template editing) from the ide of actinic?

sometime back i exported a snapshot of the site for the client to input their business settings into. they've just sent this back and i imported it (into a seperate Site1 folder) so i could get at those details.

i then changed the Site1 folder back to my one (the one i've been continuing my development in) and restarted actinic.

however, i now seem to have lost the design functionality?

can anyone point me in the direction of getting this turned back on

many thanks

jc

Settings > Business Settings > Options .. access on this PC

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

hi jont,

the "design changes" option is greyed out and unclickable?

jc

Comment

i think i've managed to do this myself by accident

i was looking at screenshots taken from the clients import and replicating them in my version. during this i think i've un-ticked the following option

business settings / options / access on this pc / design changes

any ideas how to re-activate, as i said above it's greyed out and can't be clicked

regards

jc

Comment

i just wanted to note my solution for this.

i made a safe copy of my site1 folder, then did a full unintall and reinstall of the actinic designer software (with a ccleaner clear up of the registry prior to restart).

once the reinstall was complete i renamed the site1 folder created by actinic and replaced it with my safe copy.

i also had to reisntall the multi images for products plugin we are using from norman.

all seems to be back to normal.

thanks

jc

Comment

just wanted to add this here as i sometimes look for answers to questions i've posted.

i'd been doing design updates and wanted to apply those to the most recent version of the site. i exported my design snapshot then asked the client to send me their most recent copy.

i then imported the clients version, but after import i had lost the design tab and the businness settings / options / design changes option was again greyed out.

i found another post suggesting a look in the registry. i changed the following:

hkey_local_machine / software / actinic / catalog9 / sites / site1 / designchanges / n

to

hkey_local_machine / software / actinic / catalog9 / sites / site1 / designchanges / y

this then allowed me to tick the design changes options within business settings and get the design tab back.

thanks

jc

Comment

just wanted to add this here as i sometimes look for answers to questions i've posted.
              so i am not the only one...

I also suprise myself by searching and finding an answer to something and find that the answer found was my own solution, i thought i had a good memory.

Comment

Might also be worth trying this, which I posted a couple of years ago....

I have found that sometime (yes not always) when I import a snapshot from a Client license, into a v8 Designer site then the design tab disappears, along with a number of options on the Design menu!

Having battled with this for some time, I now know how to restore the tab and options, so am posting here in case you have a similar problem. I've searched this forum but have not seen anyone else get this - wierd.

1. Close Actinic
                2. In the Designer site folder rename (for safety) the file called "toolbar_state.ini" - AC seems to rebuilds it when it starts.
                3. Open ActincicCatalog in Access, and go to the table called Setup3 and look for the field "bDesignChangesEnabled" which will be set to zero. Set it to 1 or -1 and then close Access.
                4. Start Actinic and it should now have restored the design tab.
                Note that this only works if the site has a designer license.
                Mike Booker
                M B Web Services
                mbws@mbwebs.co.uk
                +44 1932 340318

Comment

Working...
                X