Google E-Commerce traffic sources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google E-Commerce traffic sources

I'm having an issue with E-Commerce conversion stats not showing traffic sources. Traffic sources are working fine outside E-Comm, but I'm only getting (direct) and sagepay urls showing for E-Comm. Its as if its not remembering where the referrer is from.

I've tried with my own code & stinkyinks code, but not at present with actinics built in, which when I tentatively enabled didn't seem to do very much in that I couldn't see where it was creating any new markup.

I'm not sure using sagepay(protx) is the cause of this, but it doesn't seem to tie in with the idea of a third party checkout (because its not I suppose?) and following the google help of using third party there doesn't seem to be anywhere to invoke the javascript in the link to sagepay.

Can someone confirm they are getting correct sources in E-Commerce when using sagepay? Then I'll have a good look into switching over to v9 built in code and find out whats going wrong when I enable it.

Edit: My Goals (although no funnel) seem to be working fine as is the reset of the tracking, just no proper sources for E-Comm.

One of my clients is using SagePay and all e-commerce referrers are correctly shown.

Another of my clients has this problem and if I remember correctly the problem is due to the SSL provided by the ISP being on a split server.
    Regards
    David

Comment

Originally posted by skinnybloke View Post
      One of my clients is using SagePay and all e-commerce referrers are correctly shown.

Another of my clients has this problem and if I remember correctly the problem is due to the SSL provided by the ISP being on a split server.
      Many thanks for that, are you using v9s built in code?

We are using ssl but its not split - its aliased to the same domain.

Comment

Both are currently on v904 using the code built into Actinic.

Both were previously using GA code in version 8.

One works in v8 and v9, and one does not as in my original post.
        Regards
        David

Comment

Originally posted by skinnybloke View Post
          Both are currently on v904 using the code built into Actinic.

Both were previously using GA code in version 8.

One works and one does not as in my original post.
          Brilliant David, thanks again.

Comment

Just as a followup to this, it now seems to working with the built in actinic code.

I did have to manually insert the layout by comparing with another fresh default site, because it doesn't seem to insert the layouts when you enable it on our site at least.

edit: I suppose you could just revert the layouts to out of the box, but I wasn't sure what changes have been made to ours, so prudence got the better of me.

Comment

I've had similar problems with missing bits of code when I've upgraded sites that have had the templates modified with bespoke code. I always keeps a copy of the original site1 also to do comparisons.

Glad you got there.
              Regards
              David

Comment

Working...
              X