Product Management Using Spreadsheets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Management Using Spreadsheets

Until now I have been administering my catalogue of products manually through the Content Tree in Actinic. However, I wish to start using spreadsheets to manage stock and products. I have read lots of threads on here about this and am beginning to get the idea of how it all works.

We have set up our products in Sections and Sub-sections with hidden products linked to permutations to create size options etc.

Would I be able to add new products (including components, attributes & permutations) and control stock levels from one flat spreadsheet?

It would be best to use a flat spreadsheet to make using vlookup in Excel easier to update stock from our buyer's stock list.

Is this possible or would it be better to add new products in a hierarchical sheet in order to specify components etc. ??
    Life is goodŽ T-Shirts & Accesories in the UK

You will need to use a hierarchical import to add and manage components.

Comment

Thanks Duncan. I guessed that would be so

However, would I be able to update stock levels for hidden products linked to permutations on a "flat" spreadsheet and manage the products on a sperate "hierarchical" spreadsheet? Or would it all need to be done on one hierarchical spreadsheet?
      Life is goodŽ T-Shirts & Accesories in the UK

Comment

You can use a flat file to update stock independently.

You could also externally link to a spreadsheet containing your stock - although it may slow down Actinic, at least when opening.

Comment

Working...
        X