No announcement yet.

SPP vs MPP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im a bit slow at entering this thread, but i had the same issues in trying to decide the best way to feature products on these types of pages http://www.casupply.co.uk/acatalog/9...it-Boards.html obviously SPP's would be a load of work but actually trying to write unique content for each would be a nightmare.

So i have a mixture of both SPP & MPP' these products http://www.casupply.co.uk/acatalog/u...aner_1ltr.html have their own page (SPP)

I try an use a balance of each, i also use compact product layouts so the customer can see all the sizes at the same time. It makes the pages a bit long and maybe not the easiest to read but drop down choices really did not work either.

I guess others will have a different opinion as to whats best but you need to build it to suit your demographic not just seo. It's a balancing act that i struggle with sometimes

Comment

On items like that Taddy, i totally agree, there simply isn't enough you can say and it's not really useful any other way. The only thing i'd say on your pages are that they are still quite deep and that could be slimmed down considerably still. Have a look at the link on post #10, you can get things really tight. There's an argument that single add to cart would work well for you too, but i can see you have the bounce back instead. How cool would it be if an 'added' in red could be shown next to the products that have been added already? Particularly cool for trade customers.

Comment

im liking the look of that in post 10 Lee whats the cost for the code, obviously need to rework it to suit but the layout is good but obviously you have done the hard work so happy to part with some cash for your time

Now the added bit would be a great idea. Perhaps a small image / star or similar would also work. However im thinking this is not going to be a simple thing to do

Comment

Originally posted by PatchworkRabbit View Post
          What I haven't worked out yet is how to have to different photos in the two places. I'm guessing it uses the thumbnail for the section? Will have to experiment
          One way is simply to have two versions of a same picture at different sizes with different names, one for the section and one for the product. It is also possible to use auto sizing of images so the same image is used in two places, at different sizes, but that needs a bit more knowledge on using Actinic.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
          SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
          Custom Packages

Comment

Originally posted by malbro View Post
            One way is simply to have two versions of a same picture at different sizes with different names, one for the section and one for the product. It is also possible to use auto sizing of images so the same image is used in two places, at different sizes, but that needs a bit more knowledge on using Actinic.
            Of course, I'm being a thicky I'd forgotten you use a different photo for the section
            The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

Working...
            X