Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different use of Actinic

Hi all

Can anyone help. I want to use Actinic as a points currency site, have made all the alterations I need except one.

I need to change the currency to points (which is done) but remove all to the right of the decimal point (ie remove the 2 demimal places) as a points site only uses whole numbers.

Any ideas would be gratfully accepted.

Regards
    Knightrideruk

Out of the darkness comes light........
    www.cheapelectricals.co.uk

I can't help directly other than that I expect you will need to make a number of perl script changes to remove the decimals. I would also expect that there may be some database and report issues as well.

Comment

getting the product pages to display in 'points' rather than pounds and pence should be quite easy as actinic stores prices as whole units of penny's anyway. I'm sure there's a variable available that holds the value.

As Duncan says the scripts will need modifying to do the same thing for the cart, checkout, search function, etc and the reports such as customer receipts etc will also need changing.

That's quite a lot of work. It could take you a long time to do yourself so you might be best trying to get someone to do it for you.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Actinic V9 already handles this but it's not activated.

Open ActinicCatalog.mbd in Access and look in the Currencies table.

There's an entry for beenz. Activate it by setting bObsolete from -1 to 0.

Edit the other values to suit: Points instead of beenz, P instead of b, PTS instead of BNZ.

Now you can select it via Settings / Business Settings / Options like any other currency.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X