Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a bug?

Version 9.0.1

My client didn't want pop-ups on the site so for the More Info button the page opens in the option of the same window.

If you go to a product then have a look at the "more info" page then go back and click to buy that product - no problems. But when you then click continue shopping you are always taken back to that "more info" page! The real problem is when you then click the "Back" link off that page to go to the main site the page disappears and you're left hanging.

This happens with every last "more info" page you've been too when you've bought a product and wish to continue shopping.

My clients customers are finding this very frustrating and therefore so is he. Can anyone suggest a way round this other than having pop-ups or all the info on the main page please?

Cheers...Paul

Where do the customers want to be taken?

I guarantee you you get about a dozen answers, so which one should your client pick?

I'm very surprised that such a significant amount of shoppers are complaining about this. How many?

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Don't use extended info pages would be the ideal situation, it's not the best way to do SPP, but perhaps too late if you've gone down that road already. Why is the necessity to have a popup, surely this should be avoided at all costs? Have the page open in the same window and replicate the site layout onto the extended info pages would be my suggestion.

Comment

Surely people aren't still using Ext Info without any navigation?

Army Gore-tex
        Winter Climbing Mitts
        Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

Well if they're still using extended info pages, it stands a great chance.

Comment

Yes it is a bug using the open in the same window route, but only when someone has added to cart, not a huge problem as we have a dynamic menu to allow customers to navigate away from it, but a pain.

Regards

Nigel
            Offering a wide range of shade loving plants suitable for the woodland garden. http://www.plantsforshade.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
              That's a fair point...

Army Gore-tex
              Winter Climbing Mitts
              Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

doesn't 9.05 address this issue - ie there is now an ext info with nav.

you should probably upgrade from 901 anyway

Comment

I thought that was a V10 feature?

Comment

The basic bug is that if a customer adds a product to the cart on the extended info page, using the mods to change it to spp, one can't back out of it to the mpp.

If nothing is added to the cart you can use the left arrow on the browser to go back, if you do add something to the cart that use of the arrow freezes and hangs. Navigation gets around it but the basic bug should be fixed but one gets used to living with these bugs!!!!

Best

Nigel
                    Offering a wide range of shade loving plants suitable for the woodland garden. http://www.plantsforshade.co.uk

Comment

I thought that was a V10 feature?
                      indeed you may be correct, i just remember reading something about it recently

Comment

Is this a bug

Hi all,

Many thanks for all your input. Plantsforshade has the right of it - that's exactly what happens.

As it is I have now managed to talk my client out of more info boxes.

Cheers...Paul

Comment

Working...
                        X