Quantity - not a whole number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quantity - not a whole number

I have read lots of posts on this subject over the past few years but was wondering if anyone knows of any plans for Actinic to provide a solution.

I'm creating a site for a carpet retailer and we need to be able to sell in quantities that are not whole numbers as we will be pricing / selling by the square metre.

The ideas such as pricing by sq cm aren't very elegant and I'm no perl expert so a bit unsure about attempting to customise the scripts etc.

Looking at old posts it seems like this has been on the "wish list" for about 5 or 6 years - any chance the wish could come true . . soon!?

Originally posted by Graham Heels View Post
    I'm creating a site for a carpet retailer and we need to be able to sell in quantities that are not whole numbers as we will be pricing / selling by the square metre.
    If you've pricing/selling by the sq metre, won't people be happy buying by the sq meter?

I've just bought a load of floor tiles, I needed 5.8 sq meters but bought 6. Surely that's what the customers will do?

That's what you do if you go to carpet world and the like isn't it? Does your client think people will want to buy 0.5 sq meter?

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

I don't think carpet is like tiles. I thought it was sold by length, which is then multiplied by the width to get the area in m2.

The point here is that someone wanting to carpet a 4m x 3m room can't buy 12m2 of carpet at £12.95/m2. If the carpet is 3.5m wide they might want to buy 4.2m of carpet to allow for measurement tolerances which would be 14.7m2.

So presumably they need to enter the length required in .1 metres or so and then the price is calculated on the area. (or simplified by internally calculating the price per linear metre and just multiplying the lebgth required by that).

Doesn't Norman have stuff like this.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
      X