• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Card payment page not showing up for some customers

Hi

I wonder if somebody could have a look at

http://www.empressmills.co.uk/acatalog/Spun_Silk.html

and go all the way through the buying process to the card details payment page.

Apparently some customers have had problems on this page, with just a blank screen showing up.

Any ideas on what i can do to rectify this issue? I don't have the issue mentioned, and neither does my client. But she says a number of regular customers have rung to say they can't see the payment screen.

Is it a browser thing perhaps?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Probably because they don't have java installed.

This way of taking card payments is no longer allowed unless you've gone through stringent PCI-DSS procedures and verification. Tell your customer to sign up for a PSP instead.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Looks like a JavaScript issue - any user who has Java Scripts disabled on their computer won't be able to view that page. But you shouldn't really be using that method any more but should instead be processing your payments using a PSP so that you don't hold any credit card details.
      Brian
      www.flowergallery.co.uk
      Same day flower delivery to UK
      Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
      International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

Perhaps both yourself and your client should read up on PCI DSS compliance, details in this forum as well as all over the web, it has been out for 18 months or so. Actinic is not PCI compliant, so in short you need to be using a PSP.

Your SSL installation is borked and you are using the java applet. That is at least 3-4 years out of date and really needs changing. Scrap the SSL, and use a PSP instead, all problems will be solved then. The blank screen will be down to either Java not being enabled on the browser or visitor selecting to not see the unsecure content when asked.

Its a bit of a mess to be honest and needs urgent attention. Go PSP and make things simple.

Comment

I have tried the site in both IE and Friefox.

I received error messages saying the checkout pages contained both some insecure items (probably an image is referenced from a non https page).

When I reached the credit card page, IE7 displayed OK but Firefox gave an erro instead (see below)

load: class COM.Actinic.Catalog.EA.class not found.
          java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: COM.Actinic.Catalog.EA.class
          at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
          at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
          at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
          at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
          at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unknown Source)
          at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
          at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
          Caused by: java.io.IOException: open HTTP connection failed:https://www.empressmills.co.uk/cgi-b...EA/class.class
          at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.getBytes(Unknown Source)
          at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
          at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
          at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
          ... 7 more
          Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: COM.Actinic.Catalog.EA.class

The method of collecting credit card details yourself is no longer allowed and does not comply with PCI-DSS requirements, you should now be using a PSP.

The reason why some customers are not seeing the card payment fields is because some customers will have Java turned off which your checkout method requires.

EDIT: Looks like I have been beaten to the answer yet again, I must learn to type quicker or type less.
          I totally agree with Lee's comments above.
          Darren Guppy
          Golf Tee Warehouse
          Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Thanks guys... figured it was possibly a Java issue, with the fact only some customers were getting the problem.

The site is at least 4 years old.... they didn't want to go down using a PSP at the time. Looks like I need to talk them into it.

And thanks for the guidance.... I'll let them know what they need to do.

Comment

Working...
            X