Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Database - Deleted/Hidden Sections

Hello all.

I'm looking through the Actinic database, in the Product table, a product has a status of 'D' or 'N' - I have easily figured 'D' must mean Deleted and 'N' must be 'anything but deleted'.

I am trying to pinpoint where in the database a product and/or section is marked as 'Hide on Web Site'.

I have looked at the Catalog Section table, but again, these are either 'D' or 'N' - I can't seem to find what table (column of table) in the database holds this information?

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
    Grant

Bloody hell, couldn't see it and it's staring me in the face. Column is bHideOnWebSite in Catalog Section table for future reference. Though only the top section is 'flagged' - ie. default is 0, 'hidden' changed to '-1' - any sections below the 'hidden' section remain '0' as sub-sections and linked to the parent section in the database.

Comment

What I was looking to do...

Change all 'Deleted' sections/products to 'Hide on Web Site' - then reopen Actinic and mark one single (large) section as Delete, then Purge the database to (hopefully) fix an existing issue.

From my understanding: I would need to run a query on the Product table to find 'D' Status products, then simultaneously run a query on Catalog Section on 'HideOnWebSite' column to change all 'D' marked products to have their TLS hidden, ie. -1 value in HideOnWebSite.

That's enough thought for this morning, need a coffee already.

Is there any known 'easier' way to change all 'Deleted' products to 'Hide on Web Site'?

TIA

Comment

Don't know if this will help...

Could you do an export of all your products, open it in Excel then use the 'sort and filter' to put all the deleted sections / products together. You could then set all the deleted / hide on website bits in one go.

Haven't tried this so don't even know if deleted items are exported.
        Unusual Silver Jewellery
        Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
        Crystal Healing Jewellery
        Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Hi Grant,

If you use CTRL-X to cut the section you don't want, that might resolve the problem because the section will be removed immediately from the database and you won't need to purge.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks for the advice - I'll have a look at the CSV export this morning.

The strange thing with cutting the sections/products is in one particular sub-section, which we reported to Actinic and have never been provided a solution, nor has the software 'fixed itself' through upgrading (9.0.3>9.0.4)...

If I cut the sub-section, the other sub-sections within that section seem to clear the product permutations. However, I took a copy of the database on to another machine, then Purged the database (which removed sections I want to keep as well as those I no longer need) - and the sub-sections that usually break when cutting, are fine. Everything is working fine with this database, however, purging has meant all the products I wanted to keep, are now gone. I'll now look at CTRL+X, but doubt this will make any odds as it's the same command(?).

Looks like there's nothing better for it - I'll just have to plod my way through changing products I want to keep from 'Deleted' to 'Hide On Web Site', then purging.

Time for a morning coffee I think.

Comment

Working...
            X