Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monitoring page load speeds on v9.0.2

Hi all

We have had to downgrade from v9.0.3 to v9.0.2 due to a issue with the upload in v9.0.3 which is being looked at by Actinic Support.

Since downgrading we have seen a downturn in sales and also reports of slow page load speeds. In particular, someone using AOL stated it took "ages" to load pages.

I'm trying to investigate all possible avenues for the downturn in sales (e.g. is it the downgrade, is it the server, is it the Royal Mail strike).

With regards to page load speeds... can anyone recommend the best way to test page load speeds and perhaps also simulate different browsers (e.g. AOL, etc.)

Paul
    KJ Beckett
    Men's Clothing & Accessories
    Cufflinks, Underwear, Ties, Grooming Products
    Bath, England
    Fast delivery to UK, USA and worldwide.
    Men's Fashion Blog

Originally posted by paulbeckett View Post
    Hi all

We have had to downgrade from v9.0.3 to v9.0.2 due to a issue with the upload in v9.0.3 which is being looked at by Actinic Support.

Since downgrading we have seen a downturn in sales and also reports of slow page load speeds. In particular, someone using AOL stated it took "ages" to load pages.

I'm trying to investigate all possible avenues for the downturn in sales (e.g. is it the downgrade, is it the server, is it the Royal Mail strike).

With regards to page load speeds... can anyone recommend the best way to test page load speeds and perhaps also simulate different browsers (e.g. AOL, etc.)
    Paul
    Try the firebug addon for firefox. Click on the firebug icon on the bottom bar and then choose Net option from the menu, you are given the load times for individual items as they loaded. There are addons for firefox to use the other browser engines but I am not sure if they will affect the results in firebug

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Hi

Thanks. FireBug was certainly useful.

The pages are loading swiftly from FF with good results in FireBug. Safari and Chrome are also quick. IE(8) is a little more sluggish from my computer.

I got the user having AOL problems to test from IE and Crhome and it is opening fine. This might be just isolated to AOL.

Paul
      KJ Beckett
      Bath, England
      Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

Originally posted by paulbeckett View Post
        Hi

Thanks. FireBug was certainly useful.

The pages are loading swiftly from FF with good results in FireBug. Safari and Chrome are also quick. IE(8) is a little more sluggish from my computer.

I got the user having AOL problems to test from IE and Crhome and it is opening fine. This might be just isolated to AOL.

Paul
        Antivirus/firewalls on customers PC and multiple users on the router can all have an effect on loading times (as can the type of internet connection, including contention ratios and time of day).

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
        SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
        Custom Packages

Comment

Hi Malcolm

Thanks, I know, it is really difficult to know for sure where the issue is (and how many people it is impacting).

I'm less concerned that this seems only with AOL, if it was IE or FF I would be more worried.

paul
          KJ Beckett
          Bath, England
          Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

Working...
          X