X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site will not update

Hi,

I have had a good search around the forum but couldn't find and answer;

I have been doing some major re-organisation of my shop and have been regularly updating the site over the last few days with success. However I have just done a days work and tried to update the site. It goes through the stages of updating until it reaches the "Sending base files" where the dialogue box disapears and goes back to Actinic.

I have purged, refreshed etc but it does the same. In desperation I went to network settings and did a test and it goes through most of the testing until a box appears saying the that the FTP username or password is incorrect. I then used the same password and username and set up Wise-FTP and quite happily navigated around the hosting server (the directories have all got their correct permissions).

Is there some files on the server that I can delete or move that will make Actinic force a total refresh?

Thanks,

Mark

Actinic Version 8.5.3

Hi,

Yes I have tried that and it still stops and closes at the "Sending base files" part of the process.

Thanks,

Comment

Hi,

I am banging my head with my hand. When I went into Network settings, I re-typed in the password but didn't ensure that both the site & SSL passwords were the same. It was failing becasue the SSL password needed being correct. It's strange that there isn't an error message that comes up when you are doing a site update that tells you that it failed.

Humble pie for tea I guess.

Thanks,

Mark

Comment

Jonah - I've done that too. You're certainly not alone
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Working...
        X