Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Php Error Where Php Is Fine

Code:
    <actinic:block PHP='true'>echo str_replace("£","&pound;",sprintf('<actinic:variable name="SecondCurrencyFormat" />', '<actinic:variable name="TaxExclusivePrice" />', '<actinic:variable name="TaxExclusivePriceAlt" />'));</actinic:block>
    There is NOUT wrong with this php code, it even renders correctly on the page, however actinic keeps saying there is a PHP parse error, there isn't.

is this just one more example of actinic being incompetent or am I really missing something here?
    Regards,
    Simon Dann Ba Hons, MA.

"The markings of a great platform is it not forcing its users to hack around it, but to progress logically through it" - Anon

Are you only seeing this in Design mode? If so, you are missing something. Actinic adds extra code to the expanded variables while in the Design Preview and this may be breaking things.

Try adding selectable="false" inside each variable used.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

If my post above doesn't help, you'll have to tell us exactly where you're putting the code.

I tried using it in a Product Layout like this:
      Code:
      <actinic:block type="PriceList">
      <actinic:block PHP='true'>echo str_replace("£","&pound;",sprintf('<actinic:variable name="SecondCurrencyFormat" />', '<actinic:variable name="TaxExclusivePrice" />', '<actinic:variable name="TaxExclusivePriceAlt" />'));</actinic:block>
      </actinic:block>
      and it worked fine as-is.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

i had a similar issue with some code and it was the omision of the selectable="false"

Comment

Working...
        X