Editing an Actinic Produced Site Within Dreamweaver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing an Actinic Produced Site Within Dreamweaver

A client has asked me to edit a currently existing site that was produced within Actinic.

I was wondering is it possible to download the files of an Actinic produced website (the php files, the html files, css files, images etc) and edit them within Dreamweaver?

If it is possible to download the files and edit the site within dreamweaver what would I require from the client to establish such a connection? I know I'd obviously need there server username and password and url but where would I ask him to find these things within actinic so I can simply put them into dreamweaver and establish my own connection from there?

It's just that I have never used actinic before and from what I can see from a free trial I've downloaded I think it is for the most part just a program that allows the client themselves to edit content and doesn't give a designer much options to work with.

Sorry if this sounds a bit simple but when it comes to using actinic I'm completely inexperienced.

Actinic sends html files off to the server, to edit those pages if you are not going to continue using actinic, you'd FTP to the site as you would normally and download them. They'd then have to be stripped of actinic content. If there's a lot of pages, i suspect a new template is the better way to go and scrap the actinic pages using them just as a guideline to create your template.

Comment

Working...
    X