Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links

Hi,
    Having already asked this question re adding a link in the 'links bar'. I seem to have missed something. I can add the text which always seems to be 'home'. So how do I change it to read 'blog' and enter the URL of where to go etc.
    I'm using v9 Business and the 'Smart' theme slightly modified, mainly with colour scheme etc. The links are just text with separators.

Many thanks

Mike

it is the bit between the <a> tags which is displayed on the page

HTML Code:
    <a href="http://www.site.com/blog.html">Blog</a>

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Links

Hi,

Seems there aren't any <a tags, everything is wrapped up in actinic 'Brochure Nav Bar Text Link List'.
      How do I get into it to make additions etc.

Cheers

Mike

Comment

There are definitely <a> tags Michael, they are probably inside that layout you mention. If you click on a link while on the design tab it should be shown in the layout code. If you don't see the layout, do 'restore split view layout' from the window menu first.

If you are comfortable coding, completely remove the actinic navbar and add your own instead, i find this approach much better, but you need to understand coding, you need to understand coding to take either route in reality.

Download firefox and firebug and look at the code online, that will give you a great insight into how the area is being created. You can "inspect" areas and see the code in real time.

Comment

Links

Hi,
          Below is all I get in the code view

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Brochure%22">
          <actinic:variable name="NavigationIcon" value="Enter Shop Text Link" />
          <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22AreRegCustomersAllowed%22%20%2f%3e"><Actinic:NOTINB2B>
          <actinic:variable name="NavigationIcon" value="Login Text Link" />
          </Actinic:NOTINB2B></actinic:block>
          </actinic:block>
          &nbsp;

Any clues here?

Cheers
          Mike

Comment

Links

Hi,
            Sorted, well, sort off. OK, all's fine except one little problem. Wherever I place the link it connects to the one it's next to, it's never an individual and I cannot format it to look as the others, the format option seems only available if individual links are selected. If I position it at the beginning of the line it connects to all.
            Once again, any help here.
            Continued thanks

Mike

Comment

Use firefox as suggested, you can hover over a link and see the exact style and methods in place to do that link. All you have to do is copy then, which is easy.

Comment

Links

Hi,

Site not uploaded yet, still under construction. I'll give firefox a try. I'll set it up as default browser and hope Actinic will open it in preview!!

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Just copy paste the link over into FF if it does not do it automatically.

Comment

Links

Hi,

OK, now into FF and F Bug. Reckon I'm losing the plot here somewhere as that doesn't seem to offer much!
                    I think I'd better spend some time getting my head round both as it certainly doesn't seem to help with my particular problem.

Any help appreciated here.

Thanks

Mike

Comment

Click on the inspect button and then hover over the area in question, the code and the css doing that part will be shown to you. Spend a good 20 minutes getting used to this, it will save you hours literally, it's a great addon once you get what to do.

Comment

Working...
                      X