I have been asked to add a link to another website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been asked to add a link to another website

I have been asked to add a link to another website (www.startacateringbusiness) from our own site (www.wear2get.co.uk). This seemed like a good idea as we supply catering clothing. i have added the url and other info to the links section underneath the home icon in the content tree. The problem is i can't see them on our site and not quite sure if i am doing it right.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated on this matter as i am aware that links to and from other relevant sites will help with google etc

What code did you put in and where did you put it?

TBH reciprocal links mean very little these days and you've probably done them more of a favour linking to them from here...

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

we didnt add it as code, it was added to the links section of the content tree. i have noticed that we dont have a links button on the home page and think this is because we are using a custom layout made using dreamweaver. when i change the layout of the home page to a standard actinic layout, the link button shows up then. i will have to search through the code to find out how and where to insert the link button. long job and it looks like it will be a case of trial and error as im not really up on html coding but have managed to find out how to solve other problems. Thanks for getting back to me anyway.

Comment

Not a problem. There is plenty of info, even some quite recent, on placing links in the sidebars that may interest you.

Army Gore-tex
        Winter Climbing Mitts
        webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
        Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Working...
        X